Toys 4 Tots - Community Service Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you commit to delivering at least one NEW, UNWRAPPED toy to support this toy drive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I have already received enough positive responses to this idea that I will set it up. I will post a separate thread to come soon with days and times to either drop your donation of a NEW toy off, or how you can donate by mail or online if doing so in person is not feasible for you. In the upcoming thread, I will also provide more background info on Toys 4 Tots for those interested. I will also provide guidelines on age group and some ideas of the type of toys and items needed. I promise that every donation I collect will go directly to the Toys 4 Tots program, so kids who might not otherwise get something, will get a new toy for Christmas.

I will begin to collect Toys and donations in June, with collection ending in September, so I can ensure the toys get to the distribution point in sufficient time that they will be available to be given out in accordance with the guidelines of the Toys 4 Tots program.

Thanks again for the very positive responses I've received. Let's make this Christmas a good one for some kids in Oklahoma who might not have anything to unwrap otherwise. Stand by for more info and details.

Ok, for the out of town folks, (I'm one of them) how about looking into a store local to you in OKC that can take orders online.
Like the bridal registry's that newly weds use? That way items could be bought, paid for, and be available to be picked up in bulk on the same day that are unwrapped and ready for distribution.
I've never set up a bridal registry, and don't know what stores do that, but I'm sure the wealth of knowledge on OSA will have someone that set one up for a loved one getting married.
Keep it to one or two stores that offer a diverse line of goods like clothing and toys.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, for the out of town folks, (I'm one of them) how about looking into a store local to you in OKC that can take orders online.
Like the bridal registry's that newly weds use? That way items could be bought, paid for, and be available to be picked up in bulk on the same day that are unwrapped and ready for distribution.
I've never set up a bridal registry, and don't know what stores do that, but I'm sure the wealth of knowledge on OSA will have someone that set one up for a loved one getting married.
Keep it to one or two stores that offer a diverse line of goods like clothing and toys.

How about an address that we can order from Amazon and have it shipped directly to? Maybe share it by PM to those wanting that option.

Good ideas from both of you. I'll for sure provide an address by PM like suggested, and will look into how we might be able to set up a toy registry at the local Target. I don't want to make this too complicated. After all, I am a Marine and I have surjimmy helping me (another Marine). We have to keep this fairly simple.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we get a crew from this neck of the woods to donate...I'll collect in Tulsa area and bring a load to you.

If not, I will buy online and have one shipped to you if that works.
I'm in Tulsa and I'd be happy to go in on this with you. We could and should set up regional collection points so that all parts of the state are covered.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone who DOES not live in the OKC Metro area wants to set something up in your area (Tulsa, Lawton, Enid, etc) please PM me. I will give you more information on the program so we can coordinate our efforts in order to get and report a total OSA response.

They have a pretty strong presence here in Enid ... or have in the past. The fellow who used to spearhead it was a former co-worker of mine, but he has moved on to greener pastures. If you have any info specific to the Enid program, please let me know. Good idea!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was little, I always got rolls of caps for my cap guns in my stocking. Just loved the smell of fired caps! Hell, caps are probably not even made anymore because of the PC BS. Sad...…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom