Treestand Scare Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll bring up a good point about calling someone to let them know where you'll be. I stay in trouble with my family for hunting alone, because now that my Dad's gone, my youngest son is the only person that would even have a clue where to start looking for me if something should happen. It's been better the last couple years with my son living in OK, but his pipeline job just ended and will probably be his last deer season up there.
I"ve made the statement many times (which really makes my wife MAD) that I'm going to die of something, and I can't think of a better way to go than while hunting. Her rebuttal is always what if you fall and don't die. Well, there is that......

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Myself, wife and daughter all use the Life360 app, we can walk to within yards of each other just by following the map. It's nice not to have to call or text to see how far away, or whether they've left yet.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am headed today to buy new 1250# ratchet straps for 2 of my 15ft ladder stands. I, normally, use chains and turn buckles on all my ladder stands except for these 2. Thank goodness you are ok.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you're alright.
I always let my wife know when I go to our lease and an approx. time when I'll be back. She knows if I don't show up or call something is wrong. I have taken her out there with me once during the off season, although I know she could never find the place again, she knows to call my buddy I hunt with and he can get there or give directions.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am headed today to buy new 1250# ratchet straps for 2 of my 15ft ladder stands. I, normally, use chains and turn buckles on all my ladder stands except for these 2. Thank goodness you are ok.

Same here, chain and chain boom. The only time I've used a ratchet strap is at MCAAP.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you're ok. Always wear your harness boys, my brother in law had a strap break last year he called me dangling in his harness like a chandelier.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sticky - I am probably the closest friend you have to your west property and can pretty well guess your stand location. Why don't you start texting me when you get in a tree. We will discuss at lunch tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom