Trump will be the nominee. What says you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bsa

Marksman
Reaction score
I know it's not technically over but it's over. I was hoping Cruz would have a big day but not so much. What are your thoughts on Trump being the nominee?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course he will.

Bottom line is, nutty as he is in a lot of ways, a ton of people, especially in the Republican party, are fed up and tired of entrenched Washington politics. They want someone to clean house. Trump says he'll do that. He may be a bit over the top, maybe a bit of a loose cannon... but he's not a career politician, which gives him points in a lot of peoples' book.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all a given yet (thank you Texas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, and to some extent Virginia). Much depends on what the lesser candidates and the two main rivals do in the next week or so. Kasich and Carson pulling out could shift the balance in many two or three way split States, and IF (and I know its a big IF) Cruz and Rubio can strike some agreement it could make a very, very different outcome. There is also a strong possibility of a convention with no first ballot winner in which case we we may see delegates shifting.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it funny that my childhood home of Massachusetts, often seen as a socially liberal bastion, went to Hillary and Trump...yet Oklahoma, frequently ridiculed as being populated by pants-less rednecks went for Sanders and Cruz.

Strange times.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump ought to be a wake up call to the republican establishment. The party has lost it's values. It's cashed in the ideas of individualism and freedom and perverted them to the benefit of those with the biggest check book. And it's showing in this election. It's a new era in politics girls and boys. 2020 will be really interesting!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all a given yet (thank you Texas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, and to some extent Virginia). Much depends on what the lesser candidates and the two main rivals do in the next week or so. Kasich and Carson pulling out could shift the balance in many two or three way split States, and IF (and I know its a big IF) Cruz and Rubio can strike some agreement it could make a very, very different outcome. There is also a strong possibility of a convention with no first ballot winner in which case we we may see delegates shifting.

According to news reports, if it becomes a brokered convention, Mitt Romney is poised to be their nominee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom