Vizio Blu-ray Players

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too bought a Vizio TV and Blu-Ray player. The TV has been great so far, but the player refused to pop open the tray after I had played one movie. I followed the trouble-shooting instructions and spoke with a Vizio tech, who told me to return the player for a replacement. I returned it alright, but I got a Samsung unit instead.

einsteinwv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im buying a Panasonic S series this weekend for my mom, I have litterlly done 30 hours worth of research on TV's in the last few weeks debating on what to get in the 500-600 dollar range, and Walmart has the 42 inch Vizio on sale this week for 499, Best buy will have the Sharp 40 inch on sale next week for 499. and I decided to go with the Panasonic will cost 200 dollars more but, the amazing horror stories on the Vizios, From Picture to Sound Buzzing to anything you can name. I figured if This was the first time I ever really got my mom anything im going to buy what id buy for myself and I wouldnt want to take a 6 out of 10 chance that the TV I buy will work great for years to come, im more of the 9.9 out of 10 type of odds kind of guy.

Id like to buy a protection plan for peace of mind and hope to never use it rather then buying a protection plan knowing theres a high risk it will be used several times.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Samsung hardware for the the Video stuff (got the LED HDTV's in 3 bedrooms) and samsung blu-ray player all the way too (sams had a wifi ready model on sale on Black friday for $129).

As far as surround sound, currently use a samsung sound bar and wireless subwoofer. Eventually will upgrade to full true surround when we get a house and will go with a Denon or Yamaha receiver and infinity speakers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom