Way cool!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where you live from me, but this one may be close to you. Just north of Covell and Kelly.

rick, not to far from there. it was between danforth and covell on western. could have easily moved over there. i think there are quite a few in this area. i watched a beautiful 10 pt buck at portland and waterloo a few times. he would have traffic stopped and come within a 100 yds or so. the cars and poeple didn't seem to bother him much. almost like it was his daily routine to show off!

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen one, but I would like to.

Never seen one in all my years deer hunting.
They were protected by the ODW for many years. That protection has been lifted this year and they will be fair game.
Most states encourage taking the white deer from the herd.

Why is taking them encouraged? Is there a genetic defect associated with the white strain? (other than maybe the lack of natural camouflage)

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a great big old white buck out a Camp Gruber. It was quite the legend for a real long time and jokingly referred to as the 'Ghost Deer' due to it's ability to disappear right after having been seen. No ones seen it in quite a few years now though, so folks figure it finally died.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've seen one white deer. That must have been twenty five years ago at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA. I grew up nearby and saw the deer while driving through with my family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom