Weather post 2/2/2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may turn into a similar event as we saw in 2020 with the extreme cold temps. There could be extended periods of sub freezing temps in Texas, even down in the single digits. The primary issue I am thinking about is frozen well heads in the Permian basin, this will cut the supply of natural gas and likely spike NG prices again, hopefully not to the extent of 2020.

2/4/22 forecast temps:

1643645042326.png

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It won’t do squat here in Shawnee I guarantee it. The most it said we might get was about 1-3” or snow and a tiny amount of ice before that. With how warm it is the last couple days and the temps at night no being that low I doubt very seriously its gonna do much. But I could be wrong.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may turn into a similar event as we saw in 2020 with the extreme cold temps. There could be extended periods of sub freezing temps in Texas, even down in the single digits. The primary issue I am thinking about is frozen well heads in the Permian basin, this will cut the supply of natural gas and likely spike NG prices again, hopefully not to the extent of 2020.

2/4/22 forecast temps:

View attachment 249865

Oh good! Then the gas company can say they are 1 trillion in the hole and I'll need to start a HELOC just to pay the cold weather gas bills over the next ten years.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It won’t do squat here in Shawnee I guarantee it. The most it said we might get was about 1-3” or snow and a tiny amount of ice before that. With how warm it is the last couple days and the temps at night no being that low I doubt very seriously its gonna do much. But I could be wrong.
I hope you’re right. What I’m worried about is the drastic temperature changing during the precipitation. I do not like ice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom