Weird Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When this kind of stuff happens it's important to be entirely sure, you need to completely reformat your computer
Back up your needed files;
1. External or extra hard drive connected
2. Google drive
3. Dropbox
Reformat your computer.
When reinstalling windows, select the drive that had windows on it and select 'reformat'. Will take a second and the hard drive will be wiped clean.
Select new installation, install.
Hook up the external HD and drag your files back over.

Seems a bit extreme, kind of like rebuilding your motor, because your water pump is bad. Lot's of ways to fix a browser hijack without a complete wipe...

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While a cool device, it doesn't protect someone from a self inflicted issue like the one he is having.

He had to have clicked something that allowed the browser hijack. A firewall won't prevent that.

This one might. While I called it a firewall, it’s actually scanning all incoming ports for known attacks (phishing; malware; etc.) to prevent them from infecting your network. Should one get past that defense, it also scans traffic on outgoing ports to prevent data obtained from malicious code from being transmitted out.

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been geting the red screen Microsoft alert on my lap top, usually when I'm looking at E-mail or news on yahoo. Sometimes I can delete it by shutting down, other times I have to pull the battery. Pain in the rear.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It happened again, but this time I deleted the screen, I think before they could lock me in. I was visiting a site that told about the Andy Griffith Show, and was going through the slides when it happened.

Lesson learned: stay away from clickbait sites, no matter how innocent they sound.

Latest posts

Top Bottom