Well????? Were are they?? Those 4566's everyone just bought!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
here's mine. it came with some well worn hogue's on it. i like hogue grips but like the slimmer feel of the originals. found some on ebay. gun is really in nice shape. the grips and and the fact that it was in the holster most of the time kept it nice. gonna try to get a turkey in the morning then shoot the heck out of it! these were $389 at cdnn.
[Broken External Image]

WOOOHOOO!!!! Great to see her!! Man your gonna be stoked after shooting her. Wish I still had my original's, sometimes the hogues to feel a little thick. If you decide you want the full hammer instead of the flat one, they are easy to change.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i'll probably change out the hammer. i like being able to cock it on the first round if i choose. the trigger is pretty smooth though,i'll see if i like the pull or not.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i'll probably change out the hammer. i like being able to cock it on the first round if i choose. the trigger is pretty smooth though,i'll see if i like the pull or not.

You'll get so used to the first shot DA, very short reset SA, that you'll be doing controled pairs just like a 1911.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine is going to the big show in T-town this weekend. I told him if he could find a 4566 with three mags, I would trade one of my stainless Jaybirds to him fer it.

I figure an all stainless J frame in the pocket and that all stainless 4566 on the hip may give me a little trouble keeping my britches up, but I've got this damned .45 itch that I gotta scratch. :w000t:

Y'all keep yer eyeballs peeled...if he doesn't come back with one, I'll probly sell one of my little lovelies and buy one from CDNN. I just can't decide which one I wanna sell - the model 60 or the 649. :ugh2: But at anyrate, ONE of them MIGHT show up for sale on the boards here, so BOLO! :naughty:

Of course, even if I do get one...you know me and pics. :rolleyes2

I'll let y'all know something Tuesday evening. :thumb:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You talkin' ta me?
ai655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_4566.jpg

:tounge2:

I've put a few mags thru mine. Next time I go to the range I will take less guns so I can spend more time with a few of them and the 4566 will ride along.

Now before anyone freaks, the gun was unloaded, double-checked, mag out, and pointed over my shoulder. Hopefully that covers it.

:thumbup3::friday:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOOOHOOO!!!! Great to see her!! Man your gonna be stoked after shooting her. Wish I still had my original's, sometimes the hogues to feel a little thick. If you decide you want the full hammer instead of the flat one, they are easy to change.

Leighton, I'd like to change the hammer out on mine. Any idea where to get the full hammer? Numrich doesn't list any.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo_1.jpg

Love my 4516! This was originally my dad's duty weapon and I got it when he passed away. As a firearms instructor, he put a few thousand rounds through her. If this gun could tell stories.........

Latest posts

Top Bottom