Western Remakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it can be touchy, messing with classics, but what western would you like to see remade?

I always like the originals, but some of the recent remakes add a little darker tone, which I tend to appreciate.

Anyway, broke out the remake of 3:10 to Yuma tonight. Thought it was a good redo. Wouldn't mind seeing something like Once Upon a Time in the West, or For a Few Dollars More.

What say you?

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I read the first sentence of your post, I immediately thought of the old spaghetti westerns... fist full of dollars, hang'em high, etc. You mentioned a darker tone. Those were kind of dark to begin with. It would be interesting to see a new treatment. That being said, they're favorites of mine already, and I don't know if they can be improved upon.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I read the first sentence of your post, I immediately thought of the old spaghetti westerns... fist full of dollars, hang'em high, etc. You mentioned a darker tone. Those were kind of dark to begin with. It would be interesting to see a new treatment. That being said, they're favorites of mine already, and I don't know if they can be improved upon.

I feel the same. Still would be interesting to see how they would be done today.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They would use cartoons for the action sequences. Probably suck.

Oh c'mon now. Part of what made me think about it was it seems like all the movies are comic book movies lately. I like a good western. I think they pick a good producer/director I bet it would be refreshing to see a decent western on the big screen. Cohen brothers didn't muck up True Grit. Definitely different, but I thought it was good.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh c'mon now. Part of what made me think about it was it seems like all the movies are comic book movies lately. I like a good western. I think they pick a good producer/director I bet it would be refreshing to see a decent western on the big screen. Cohen brothers didn't muck up True Grit. Definitely different, but I thought it was good.

I can't sit through the original True Grit, but the remake has played at least a dozen times on my TV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom