What are the chances that congress passes a limit on magazine capacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are the chances that congress passes a limit on magazine capacity

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm concerned how all of a sudden all the media is downplaying it saying it won't pass, something fishy going on.

They're downplaying the AWB because they know it won't pass.

They're setting the stage for success in a magazine capacity limit. That's where their focus is going to be, but once again, logic and facts (and statistics based on the previous AWB) are all telling a different story.

And even Left-Wing "Government has to protect us from ourselves" types are coming to terms with the facts making them look stupid (and presumably, weakening their appearance in the future).

The fact is, people are emotional and knee-jerk all the time. The US had their Knee-Jerk reaction to Sandy Hook but time is passing and we also have notoriously short attention spans. Now we're moving on to something else. Hell the Super Bowl is coming... Gun ban - ain't nobody got time fo dat.

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disagree, we have tried those play nice tactics, trusting our politicians for years, and look where it has gotten us. We need to stop playing nice and draw the line in the sand. Have some courage, i'm not willing to comprise a single inch. The "libtards" can move together and have their little utopia in their part of the country, and us freedom lovers will keep the open land.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the magazine ban is that much of a priority for the gun banners, but it is something they will take if they can get it. Even if it passes it won't be anything more than an annoyance that many states will likely ignore. I'm much more worried about the gun show 'loophole' which will lead to universal background checks which will lead to registration which inevitably leads to confiscation. It is something that on it's face seems even more innocent than a magazine capacity limit but could lead to something much more serious.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disagree, we have tried those play nice tactics, trusting our politicians for years, and look where it has gotten us. We need to stop playing nice and draw the line in the sand. Have some courage, i'm not willing to comprise a single inch. The "libtards" can move together and have their little utopia in their part of the country, and us freedom lovers will keep the open land.

How do you think we've been making the progress in the past few months that we have? Mr. Collin Niore, Phillip DeFranco, Amidst The Noise, etc... all of these Youtube channels are opening their comments and social media pages up to open debate without name-calling and they're absolutely destroying the antis in a very respectful manner using only science, facts, and logic. Their message comes across as intelligent and not angry/name-calling. Phillip DeFranco got an interview via Youtube with the Vice President (where he basically used facts to force Biden to admit that Assault Weapons aren't used in crimes).

I'm not saying to be nice or trust politicians. I'm saying don't act like the same jackasses we're pointing the fingers at (the "libtards"). You can say "they can move together and have their little utopia in their part of the country" all you want, but if they represent the majority and they vote, they'll keep being as aggressive and illogical as those who are screaming without facts or name-calling on our side.

Times are different now. Based on almost no mainstream media information at all, proper information has been passed around to enough people that the Vice President admitted that assault weapons aren't used in that many crimes (and pointed out that a Shotgun is more affective). Clinton, a former President who was very anti-gun, gave a speech warning folks against being overly anti-gun, and Obama is now wavering - which is undermining Feinstein's momentum behind her bill. These things all tell a powerful and damning story to their cause and are a clear sign of a retreat back to the stand on high-cap mags.

Staying the course of standing on real information and getting the word out in a respectful/factual way is working. We're taken much more seriously as having a legitimate argument when we act like adults and the other side is name-calling, misdirecting, and hiding information. The stereotypes of the 70s and 80s are all the anti's have to stand on and that ground is crumbling.

I'm not saying the battle is won, but we made nowhere near this type of progress in 94. There are plenty of people left that need convincing and facts, logic, and a cool-head will win the high-cap ban debate as well. We're not trying to convince politicians - just their constituents... That's who they fear.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine that many of these are the same people who said it wouldn't happen the first time.

No, but I am the same person who argued long and hard back in 2003 that the AWB was going to sunset. And I believed it strongly enough to go to gun shows that year and sell off a lot of my mags for crazy high prices. I worked in IT for years and there used to be a saying in the department, "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM." Well, my personal feeling is that people are rarely wrong if they bet that Congress won't be able to pass anything. That's really why I thought the first AWB would sunset. Not because of the arguments on either side. Simply because all Congress had to do was... nothing. They are about as dysfunctional as is possible. Which is a good thing for us!

Gregg

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I commend everyone's efforts, and I have been doing the same thing, sending letters to our state politicians. But i long lost any faith i had in the idea is that our politicians work for us. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room, the federal reserve, and the financial oligarchy controlling our countries politics. Executive orders should not even exist, they are war time powers and congress has not declared war.

M2145

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well guys i have already been through this sh*t with billy boy clinton so i was ready for it this time. I got my ar-15 and my ak-47 and all my mags. Also all my pistol mags. : )

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
How do you think we've been making the progress in the past few months that we have? Mr. Collin Niore, Phillip DeFranco, Amidst The Noise, etc... all of these Youtube channels are opening their comments and social media pages up to open debate without name-calling and they're absolutely destroying the antis in a very respectful manner using only science, facts, and logic. Their message comes across as intelligent and not angry/name-calling. Phillip DeFranco got an interview via Youtube with the Vice President (where he basically used facts to force Biden to admit that Assault Weapons aren't used in crimes).

I'm not saying to be nice or trust politicians. I'm saying don't act like the same jackasses we're pointing the fingers at (the "libtards"). You can say "they can move together and have their little utopia in their part of the country" all you want, but if they represent the majority and they vote, they'll keep being as aggressive and illogical as those who are screaming without facts or name-calling on our side.

Times are different now. Based on almost no mainstream media information at all, proper information has been passed around to enough people that the Vice President admitted that assault weapons aren't used in that many crimes (and pointed out that a Shotgun is more affective). Clinton, a former President who was very anti-gun, gave a speech warning folks against being overly anti-gun, and Obama is now wavering - which is undermining Feinstein's momentum behind her bill. These things all tell a powerful and damning story to their cause and are a clear sign of a retreat back to the stand on high-cap mags.

Staying the course of standing on real information and getting the word out in a respectful/factual way is working. We're taken much more seriously as having a legitimate argument when we act like adults and the other side is name-calling, misdirecting, and hiding information. The stereotypes of the 70s and 80s are all the anti's have to stand on and that ground is crumbling.

I'm not saying the battle is won, but we made nowhere near this type of progress in 94. There are plenty of people left that need convincing and facts, logic, and a cool-head will win the high-cap ban debate as well. We're not trying to convince politicians - just their constituents... That's who they fear.

I'd be hard pressed to find a way to say anything better or more clearly than this. So I won't.

Well said EZ Bake!

Latest posts

Top Bottom