What do we do after?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every situation is different.There's not going to be one definitive answer.
Granted if the cops show up and Bin Ladin is laying dead on the ground,I'm gonna say "i want a layer" is Not going to be the first words out of your mouth.

"I want a press agent" should be.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Protect yourself until the cops arrive, then DON'T frighten the LE into shooting you by waving a gun in their direction. Preserve the scene prior to the arrival of LE; keep curious on-lookers out/away so evidence is not compromised. Give the LE your name and address, then politely SHUT UP. It is not your function to make life easy for the investigating LE by giving a statement. Speak ONLY to your lawyer. The natural human tendency post-action is to run ones mouth and drop ones guard; don't do it! Re-read what liliysdad wrote.

kgull85

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you should definately NOT have your firearm still in your hand when the police arrive.

The lawyer from the H&H class advised not to make a statement w/o a lawyer present. He said they even advise police officers involved in a shooting to wait 2-3 days before making a stement.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geeze and we were just starting to get along now you have a problem with me thinking.. notice I edited my post to say HE SAID. I ofcourse wouldn't ever do anything like that. I would say Please Mr. Crimianal stop and think about what you are doing. I realize since I am a white man its probably my fault you are in this situation as its always whitys fault for other peoples issues. So please don't attack me lets go have a latte and talk about homosexual paitings at the left wing art show downtown that is paid for with my tax dollar

My intent was not to single you out, I simply meant "you" as the general shooter in a lethal force scenario. I have heard this statemtn several times, and I find it to be terrible advice. The first time a prosecuting attorney finds out a person has stated in the past "If I ever have to shoot someone, Im gonna make sure they are dead", it has immediately become a crime with intent. It may not wash in a jury trial, but you are still out the time, money, and heartache of having to go thorugh such an ordeal.

I have absolutely no idea how you race got intertwined in this discussion, and I honestly do not care. It does not matter if you are white, black, purple, or blue, a righteous shoot either is or it isnt, not much more to say. People wonder why there are still race issues in this day and age, and then statements such as these are made. Seems to explain a lot of things.

The fact is, the use of deadly force is a terrible thing to have to do. I hope that I can retire in 23 years having never pulled the trigger. If I do have to, I sincerely hope the bad guy lives. However, my goal is to stop the threat, and killing the individual is the surest way to ensure that threat is stopped. And no, I dont care what color they are.

kgull85

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
blake711 said:
I am not even going to waste my time if that is what you gathered from my statement.

I kind of have to agree with liliysdad, your statement made me go :scratch:

It seems from your statement that you are assuming your assailant is going to be a member of a minority group.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand it was an attempt at humor, albeit a bad one. I just dont grasp how that statement had any bearing on the topic at hand, which is a very serious one, if you choose to carry a firearm.

Forgive me if I fail to see the humor in racial jokes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom