What Do You Think About the Sites New Look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which look do you prefer?

• new style

Votes: 43 24.2%
  • old style

Votes: 114 64.0%
  • just glad the sites back

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kelly,

I really like the look and color scheme in general. It is clean and fresh looking. On the other hand, like a lot of folks said, it's harder to read and since this is a forum, ease of reading probably a priority. Interestingly enough I think the actual posts are easy to read (other than the italics in the quotes). Most of what I see as problematic is in the lists of posts/topics etc.

If your looking for any specific input, I'm happy to offer mine so...

• Ditch the italics all around. They are very hard to read especially in the quotes where there are multiple lines in a paragraph together.
  • The dull blue color for the font for the topics has good contrast where it's in bold. However, on a forum topic that doesn't have new posts(not bold), it's hard to read. The contrast between the non bold blue text and the white isn't great enough and so it's hard to scan the forum topics. When I scroll down in a forum past all the topics that have new posts in them, it's actually easier to focus on the "Start by" line than the topic titles. Maybe you could make all the topics bold, new or not, and then make the ones with new posts a slightly darker color?
  • The red font for the users on the main page is too high contrast and it is hard to read. I'd go for a less bright font to make it easier to read. It could be a dark red / burgundy color if you want to stick with red or even another dark color like dark green or grey. Another color that stays in the blues that might work would be a royal blue. However royal is pretty bright and might have the right contrast in that font on the white background. I think for the best looks though you might try royal blue then go darker towards a Navy. Navy is pure blue enough that it would get too tied in with the dark aqua color of the topic font.

Well that's my .02. Now off to find and fix my feedback link.

LIL e

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked the Old site just fine(better), but I'll get used to this one too. Thank You anyway for all your hard work keeping the site going.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im starting to get used to it, navigate better. I just want diffrent colors for it, make it dark, easy on the eyes. Good job on all the work Mr Kelly.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Job!

Like anything else - there is a bit of resistance to change. Give it a few days and we'll all be in love with all the new doo-dads.:comfort: It might also help to review the new directions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom