What do you want from OSA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do I want from OSA? A sense of community with like-minded folks, a place to talk, learn, and share info. A place to talk about firearms and associated things, like holsters, gear, ammo, hunting, range trips, gear and gun reviews, the outdoors...etc. I do not like getting (or allowing myself to be) sucked into politics or religion and am going to make a concentrated effort to curtail that.
Hell, not getting sucked in will make this forum boring. I do appreciate you trying to make this a community, and not just another forum. I am thinking coming to your shoot and eat thing, I like to shoot and love to eat. I know I can be an ass, I approach debate the same way I would a fight, hit you in the mouth and keep swinging. But, I do agree that people should be able to disagree and not be forced into saying the other side is correct, which is not what happens on this forum, to the point of people asking why we can't put the mods on ignore.
Hell, I post on this forum a lot but when I wanted to ask questions about triggers for my new AR platform 308, I asked on a non gun forum, but has a healthy gun related section.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prior to 2008, it was very much a small community. Lots of BSing, members supporting members. Generally welcoming.

Post Obama, things started to turn. Lot more negativity. A lot of 'why are you here if you don't believe the same way i do'. Lots of assuming that to be a gun enthusiast you had to also be right wing. Stuff we didn't see as often here before the election, IMHO. People would make an effort to run off those with opposing views.

It's been sad to see the 'you're with us or against us' mindset creep in here. It used to be easier to disagree with someone on a topic but still have it not be personal or turn to Ad hominem attacks.

I think it's turning around some, but it's more a member by member change. Luckily the forum has several sections, so it's easier to find what you're looking for.

I hope this place never turns into another online echo chamber for anything beyond being a firearm enthusiast. Time will tell.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hang out and read far more than I post, but I have no real life and spend more than 90% of my time stuck in my house not able to go out. Even the fussing some folks do, gives me a smile, so I just read along. :)

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hang out and read far more than I post, but I have no real life and spend more than 90% of my time stuck in my house not able to go out. Even the fussing some folks do, gives me a smile, so I just read along. :)
I hope you start posting more. Also, I hope you come to the ENS. If you need a ride, I'll be happy to pick you up, if it's close enough for me to pull it off. I'm in Southeastern Ok and don't mind going a bit out of the way to get ya.
Let me know

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, not getting sucked in will make this forum boring. I do appreciate you trying to make this a community, and not just another forum. I am thinking coming to your shoot and eat thing, I like to shoot and love to eat. I know I can be an ass, I approach debate the same way I would a fight, hit you in the mouth and keep swinging. But, I do agree that people should be able to disagree and not be forced into saying the other side is correct, which is not what happens on this forum, to the point of people asking why we can't put the mods on ignore.
Hell, I post on this forum a lot but when I wanted to ask questions about triggers for my new AR platform 308, I asked on a non gun forum, but has a healthy gun related section.

We'd be happy to have you come, it's not my Eat and Shoot thing at all; it's our eat and shoot thing. Next Sunday, Feb 5th at 10:00 am at Big Boys range.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'd be happy to have you come, it's not my Eat and Shoot thing at all; it's our eat and shoot thing. Next Sunday, Feb 5th at 10:00 am at Big Boys range.
It's going to be fun and the beginning of something VERY good. Good for the forum. Good for the gun community and good for us as people. You can never have enough friends (got plenty of enemies) that share, even if it's just one, common interest.
Heck, I've got friends that I only like to play golf with or play poker with but nothing else (so far).
But I've got a lot more friends that I had only one thing in common and found out we have ton's in common.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to ask questions, learn things I don't need to know or will never use, bs around. I'm part of the religion and political area but never go.

As far as blocking people it's not worth my time, if I am irritated by some one I just don't read their posts but that's yet to happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom