What do you want from OSA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I joined years ago to read and talk about guns.Met some very nice people on here that I go to the range with quite often.Bought and sold a few guns over the years as well. Just never got caught up in the Political and Religious threads,I just don't think they belong on a gun forum.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What this place was 5 years ago before the PC turn to the Left.
I have to say that I agree with this. This was my one and only go to place for a long time. Now I spend most of my time on a couple of other forums that to be honest are more fun. Plus most of the people who made this place fun left and went to other forums. I still come here time to time, because there are several of you that I have BSed with, shot with, traded with, and became friends with over the years. I think that there is a lot of people who miss the old OSA, but don't want to speak up about it.
I still come here to see whats up, talk guns, and hang out, but I sure miss the old days here.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say that I agree with this. This was my one and only go to place for a long time. Now I spend most of my time on a couple of other forums that to be honest are more fun. Plus most of the people who made this place fun left and went to other forums. I still come here time to time, because there are several of you that I have BSed with, shot with, traded with, and became friends with over the years. I think that there is a lot of people who miss the old OSA, but don't want to speak up about it.
I still come here to see whats up, talk guns, and hang out, but I sure miss the old days here.

I don't mind speaking up about it, just figure there's no point. Forums.....unfortunately...... change.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prior to 2008, it was very much a small community. Lots of BSing, members supporting members. Generally welcoming.

Post Obama, things started to turn. Lot more negativity. A lot of 'why are you here if you don't believe the same way i do'. Lots of assuming that to be a gun enthusiast you had to also be right wing. Stuff we didn't see as often here before the election, IMHO. People would make an effort to run off those with opposing views.

It's been sad to see the 'you're with us or against us' mindset creep in here. It used to be easier to disagree with someone on a topic but still have it not be personal or turn to Ad hominem attacks.

I think it's turning around some, but it's more a member by member change. Luckily the forum has several sections, so it's easier to find what you're looking for.

I hope this place never turns into another online echo chamber for anything beyond being a firearm enthusiast. Time will tell.

I'd say there's been quite a bit of PC rhetoric spouted around here, although I don't think it really got bad until Obama re-elected. The same kind of BS you got from the Obama administration, started coming from administration here, with some exceptions. So yeah, it pisses people off. Couple that with some over zealous mods 4-5 years back and you have an OSA that is a shadow of what it used to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom