What is attacking my deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ideas on this one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-124906_SPYPOINT~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20221119-124906_SPYPOINT~2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted the pic of a doe with a large laceration on her hip a few weeks back. Today, my cell camera caught a pic of this doe with lacerations on her neck and shoulder. I know there are other things that can cause this but I find it odd that I have two resident doe that have come up with pretty significant lacerations. Big cat maybe? I have 6 traditional trail cams still running, so I’ll pull those cards on Sunday.

My property is in the middle of 4 dead sections with another dead section beyond that to the east. I only have one fence that borders me. The next closest fence is 3/4 of a mile away.
View attachment 261634View attachment 261635
What’s growing on my deer?
I posted the pic of a doe with a large laceration on her hip a few weeks back. Today, my cell camera caught a pic of this doe with lacerations on her neck and shoulder. I know there are other things that can cause this but I find it odd that I have two resident doe that have come up with pretty significant lacerations. Big cat maybe? I have 6 traditional trail cams still running, so I’ll pull those cards on Sunday.

My property is in the middle of 4 dead sections with another dead section beyond that to the east. I only have one fence that borders me. The next closest fence is 3/4 of a mile away.
View attachment 261634View attachment 261635
Sorry, failed to send pics. Have a mature doe that I’ve seen the last two years. Has a huge cyst growing on her belly.
CE2ED94A-6404-4BD8-8662-F1249337CD7E.jpeg
CE2ED94A-6404-4BD8-8662-F1249337CD7E.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have cougars in this area, I have seen them off and on the last 60 years. A cougar was captured in someones back yard in Tulsa, a few years ago. The wildlifve people thought it was a wild cougar, because it was wormy, and had a lot of ticks. A class mate of my wife, is a biologist for the state of Arkansas. I ask him at one of her class reunions, why the state clamed there are no cougars in Arkansas? His reply was, do you have any idea how much paperwork that would create?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did this happen during a full moon cycle? Werewolves have been known to hunt deer instead of humans to avoid "detection." The moon was full on 3 18 2022... And full on November 8th as of the last photo... Got cartridges with silver bullets?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did this happen during a full moon cycle? Werewolves have been known to hunt deer instead of humans to avoid "detection." The moon was full on 3 18 2022... And full on November 8th as of the last photo... Got cartridges with silver bullets?
Don't quit your day job, you my friend will never make it in stand up comedy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom