What is the purpose of a PCC for the avg guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Riddle me this. What was the first PCC? You're wrong, it was the Spanish Destroyer, I think. I had one and it was fun, but then I got tired of it before I used up the box of ammo. M1 carbine was the same. The one I want is one of the old Marlin Camp 9's, and I think they made that in 45 also, which would be a keeper.

What about all the revolver-caliber carbine lever guns way before the Spanish Destroyer?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've held off on these because money doesn't grow on trees and ammo is not cheap to have a 9mm plinking toy, where 22lr already satisfies that urge...what is the practical purpose for a PCC other than plinking where a full-sized pistol and/or semi-auto rifle would not suffice?

Here are some of the advantages I thought of but not pertinent enough for me to get one so far:

- more compact than a rifle in some cases (easier to take on a boat, truck, etc.)
- less powerful than a rifle and therefore maybe safer for some uses such as predator control on land

For those who have or do not have a PCC, share your reasons.
Don't have one because of costs, WANT one in .45ACP because that is my favorite pistol. Could also use one in .357mag, and .22LR... And now you know why the costs scare me!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Someone here let me shoot their high dollar 9mm PCC and I've been wanting one since then for the fun factor alone.

Someday, maybe someday. :)

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR ergonomics, Glock mags, fast in the attack, ballistically superior to a pistol, accurate to over 150 yards, very light recoil, can engage steel at min distance, and it’s just fun,….plus it’s a JP and they just rock and roll.

The only negative is, its the dirtiest firearm in the lot after a range day.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted an easily suppress-able PDW type gun for uhh, “home defense.”

So either a .300blk SBR/pistol with expensive ammo I didn’t already have, or some 9mm PCC type gun that shoots ammo I have from mags I have.

It was an economic decision at that point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom