What is wrong with us?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tin Star is on my "Good Gun Store" list. I try to stop in whenever I'm out that way for work. No gouging there.

I like The Tin Star too. They just don't keep a large stock of anything but they will beat others prices. I used to work next door to them and I was close by all the time. I will still buy guns from them when I want one. The guys there are great.

b.allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to academy this morning to try to get some ammo. It was the first time I've been there before it opened and there were about 30 people standing in line 20 minutes before they opened. I just continued driving through the parking lot. Went and got some coffee and came home. I don't need ammo that bad.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Academy today to look at Little League baseball gear for my son. I didn't even realize they had the high demand calibers at the service desk up front. but as I was walking in the door I heard a guy asking for 22 long rifle. Obviously that caught my attention. So I stopped. they were already out of 9 millimeter but they had 6 50 round boxes of 22 American Eagle at a reasonable price. They would only let me buy one box. So, I asked about bulk ammo and he said they usually get it on Monday Wednesday and Fridays but everyday when they open there's about 30 people in line. The same 30 people every Monday Wednesday Friday. By the time that group its through there is no bulk ammo left.

Who can shoot 1500 rounds of .22 a week? These guys gonna be re selling this stuff online. I do wish they would stop so life you get back to normal.

It's strange, I used to only buy ammo when I was actually going to go shooting. Now in time out and I'm at a place to sells ammo I stop and look. If I see one of my calibers at a decent price I'm going to buy it because I don't know if next time I go to the range I will be able to go just buy it.

Like the rest of y'all I can't wait til this is over.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's strange, I used to only buy ammo when I was actually going to go shooting. Now in time out and I'm at a place to sells ammo I stop and look. If I see one of my calibers at a decent price I'm going to buy it because I don't know if next time I go to the range I will be able to go just buy it.

Welcome to the world of Prepping, after a couple of years of
buying whenever you see it
, you won't even be bothered by these ammo shortages

Mike101650

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My local WM and probably most others are adding to the problem by putting the ammo out at the same time every morning. They have the same people there every morning to gobble up what ever has come in. I am going to complain to the managers and ask that they put it out at random times throughout the day so that the next shooter that walks by can maybe get something. I go by the ammo counter every time I go to WM and the person running the dept says the same thing. We put it out at 7:30am and it is gone by 9:00am and the same people are buying it every day. Acadamy does the same I think and Bass Pro too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom