What is your ideal muscle car???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1969 Mustang fastback with a 302 and 3 speed. My father had one as his first new car. Not the fastest or most impressive, but I would want one like he had. If not allowed to get the Mustang, then the true muscle car he replaced the Mustang with: 1971 Chevelle SS 454 with some 4.56 gears slapped in.

Dream car, well a GTO of course.

If given the opportunity to buy any car I wanted, but I had to use my own real money, I'd skip American Muscle or older exotics and go for one of these:

assets.hemmings.com_uimage_13562664_620_0.jpg

What can I say, an older Jag is European cool, unusual (compared to American muscle cars), and not unreasonably expensive compared to the older European makes (tiny roadsters aside).

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a long list, but here's just a few:

De Tomaso Pantera (not really a true "muscle car")
'66 Ford Fairlane - 427 side oiler
'69 Cougar Eliminator - 428 SCJ
'70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler - 429 Boss (none made - but was briefly an option)
'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mark II (another "not really a muscle car")

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't taken a tape measure to the engine compartment to see if it'll fit ("get a bigger hammer!"), but I'd go for a '66 Mustang Fastback with one of the new Coyote 5.0s backed by a 6-speed.

That would be one fast... fast car.

I think I'm going to have to side with Gill here... a GT40 or an old Shelby Cobra would sure do the trick for me.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just aquired my next ideal car..LOL. I came across a 68 falcon that's been stripped and has the body almost completely done, so i'm going to start there and build a pseudo thunderbolt style falcon out of it...it's not a fairlane, but hey.

White steel wheels (15 x 4" and 15 x 8" wheels) teardrop scoop, plain exterior and interior. custom Roll BAR (I've built a few with jungle gym roll cages and i'm too old and fat for that crap anymore!!!).

I've had fast cars that were just WORK....and Money Pits...i want this one to be fun....... clean and fun with some fast thrown in, but nothing nuts.

It's time to ENJOY one.... cruising, cars shows, and a little bit of racing tossed in.

Anyone that knows where there's any 66-69 falcons, comets, and some torino's that can lose some parts i need a BUNCH of interior and some exterior parts. : )

Latest posts

Top Bottom