What would be the most versatile semi-automatic shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably the most versatile would be the gas-operated Rem 1100 or 1187, Beretta in 20 ga. Just in case the versatility included a smaller or recoil sensitive shooter. Another reason they should make a few more shotguns in 16 Gauge.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunt waterfowl, doves, pheasants, deer. turkey and coyotes with my 930 JM Pro, it has never FTF or FTE.

I've shot everything from walmart brand dove loads to sabot slugs out of it. When I pull the trigger, it goes bang, whether it's full of water or hasn't been cleaned or shooting light loads. I'm sure M2's are nice but for $600, I would put my life in the hands of this gun.

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my heart set on a Benelli M2 Field but it will run me ~$1,300. I have also read really good things about the Beretta A300's and I can get one of those for ~$650. Trying to figure out if the M2 is REALLY worth the premium. I want to be able to hand this gun down later in life so I want one that will last for many years to come which has me shying away from the gas guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom