What's the best compact .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the LCP for awhile. Goes bang every time and shoots every ammo. Eventually, I am switching to a 9mm. I am a big Ruger nut.

My son had a Colt Mustang 380. The pistol constantly jammed, he sent it back to the factory. We recently took it out and the same thing. Tried all types of mags and ammo. He sold it....

Last edited:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr
KelTec
Ruger
S&W
Seacamp

They're all good to go. Pick the one that feels good to you. I've owned all of them and all were solid.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest you consider something as similar as you can to other firearms you shoot on a regular basis for familiarity.

I still like my SigP238 cocked and locked in a very thin pocket holster. If I had to replace it for any reason, it would not cross my mind to even consider looking at anything else. After over 2 years doing everything I need to do in daily life I have never found the safety off unintentionally, and I am an active busy person that forgets it is there most of the time.

The favorite reason I like it is that it is identical in feel and function to my 1911 that I also carry at times, just smaller. Safety placement and direction, mag release, angle of the handle, type of sites, etc, everything is the same. I do not have to remember what things or sequence will be different when I pull it out and fire. Sometimes I feel the minor size difference if I think about it.

Good luck to you finding your perfect carry, yes, there are many choices.

Dangdar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think I"ll check out the Kahr, familiar with the G42's.
Not sure though, might have to rent and shoot at 2A if they are available. Trigger is probably my main thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom