What's Your Side-Hustle or Passive Income? Legit Question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along those lines, I have an app on my phone that sends me surveys basically verifying if I visited Discount Tire or some other store and if I bought anything. Barely make pocket change doing that, but it's enough to pay for a Pandora subscription every month. The main reason I keep doing it is that with the Pandora subscription, I don't ever have to hear ads while listening to music anymore. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in probably 5 years. I freaking HATE commercials.

Sounds about right. I think my survey thing netted me about $500 last year. Like you said...it's not a lot but it's something. The HD thing...that's a good gig.

Prolly be in the egg business before long. The chickens are really ramping up production and they just started laying last week. We're about to have more eggs than we know what to do with.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess trading/investing in stocks? Otherwise, my time is limited so I have no side hustle.
that's my fun pastime - I sell/buy-back covered calls on stocks in my IRAs - fairly easy if you have the right mind-set and a bit of dicipline -- makes more than I made working for a living without much dedicated time

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along those lines, I have an app on my phone that sends me surveys basically verifying if I visited Discount Tire or some other store and if I bought anything. Barely make pocket change doing that, but it's enough to pay for a Pandora subscription every month. The main reason I keep doing it is that with the Pandora subscription, I don't ever have to hear ads while listening to music anymore. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in probably 5 years. I freaking HATE commercials.
I need to do this. I have not listen to the radio in over 5 years because of the commercials. I just work without it listening ping ting song clunk 🤣

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I think my survey thing netted me about $500 last year. Like you said...it's not a lot but it's something. The HD thing...that's a good gig.

Prolly be in the egg business before long. The chickens are really ramping up production and they just started laying last week. We're about to have more eggs than we know what to do with.
Get your egg license and go to market,
$5-7 per dozen

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I repair watches as a side hobby. I started doing it because I was fascinated by the mechanics and I had some of my own that were due for a service. It's grown exponentially from there, but it's still a side gig. I don't make a lot of money from it. Truth be told I'm down quite a bit, but I have a bunch of cool old watches now and a lot of specialty tooling. It's still just been a friends and family type of thing when I work on other people's watches, and I charge about as much as a Chinese sweat shop laborer for the work considering the amount of hours invested in each watch, but it is a rewarding process.

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not make a lot but I do fix things that are broken.
I never pay to have things done.
Except medical but only sometimes.

I fix neighbors and friends cars Brakes Suspension etc etc.

If you ever pay to have things done that is money out of your pocket.
Yea I hear people say I make more money an hour than it takes to fix something so i pay the guy to fix it for me.

Really!
You spend all your time making money you never sit to type BS on the computer without making money.
You never turn on a TV or radio and relax.

Well kudos because you do not need extra cash.

I do not need extra cash all I have is paid for and if it breaks i got it covered because I fix things that are broken and I live way below my means.

Think about that when your car needs an alignment.
Roof leaking.
AC quit.
Pipes bust under the house.
Windows leak.
Tree fell on the roof.
Transmission or engine went out on your vehicle.
Ceiling fan broke off the mount.
Need an add on to your house.

Need concrete work done.
House/ foundation sagging.
Welding need done on car or equipment.

Fix it yourself I do.
Don't know how? Research it I did way before the internet was the way to research things.

I like my rental houses.
They are paid for and I did not need anyone to help me fix anything on them.

Many electronic things fail.
Home phone, fans , heaters etc. Instead of tossing it take it apart and fix it.
I'm with you. Although I'm past replacing transmissions and engines. I was going to be traveling recently and thought maybe I would let the Kubota dealer do some work on my tractor so it would be ready when I got back. They quoted me over $1500 in repairs. I declined and ordered the parts online for about $150. Invited my grandson over because he loves working on things. We had it done in about 2 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom