When will Home Depot hire security guards to protect shoplifters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So muting people's freedom of speech is acceptable on this forum? Seems to be exactly what the social media groups that majority of the members here are against.

When messages are no longer there and ppl post about where the messages went and those disappear as well seems odd to me but just my opinion
I just read this entire thread. There have been exactly three posts deleted. All of them were deleted by the person that posted them.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I guess with today's standards anyone that's white or sides with whites in any way is a racist, all other races are praised for being proud of their heritage but yet whites are supposed to be ashamed? If people weren't so ignorant they would realize that the fight over slavery had nothing to do with freeing anyone, it was just a matter of which side of the fence got to enslave everyone in the US instead of just blacks.
I guess

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would venture to guess That this is not a very common in Oregon much like California, coming from Bakersfield Ca I can tell you that most of the citizens that are able and willing to take matters in to their own hands don't for a few reasons.

They will be crucified by the media and citizens they're protecting.

If you try to defend yourself or your property then you will most surely be arrested.

If you manage to get out without legal charges then you will be financially and career wise crippled.

And if you try to diffuse a domestic violence situation that you see, most likely the victim will press charges against you for stopping their ass beating session they were receiving.
This has been the agenda pushed by West coast authorities for decades with the idea that the citizen will not, and cannot, take matters into their own hands (such as personal defense) without dire consequences. It has degraded to little more than a competition between law enforcement and the criminal element as to who has more control over the law abiding citizen.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like I guessed correctly, lol
Well I know I've deleted a few of my comments on OSA, but that's mostly because I start 'ranting' about stuff that no one gives a crap about, then realize that I ramped myself up way too high and just need to take a deep breadth and calm down a bit.
BTW: None of my posts have, as yet, ever been deleted by a MOD. I always just end up policing myself.

Seems the older I get the more difficult it is to stay in that 'Zen' moment :lookaroun

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
‘When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away.’
OR, as in Portland, the Police are 1 block away, ordered to not respond, just watching.

Semantics, but slight difference in citizens stopping a robbery and a lynch mob.

I worked at Safeway, a big part of my job was theft prevention. The majority of it happened on Sundays, just after noon, when church let out.

Stores no longer confronting theft is directly related to lawyers, followed by police unwilling to do the paperwork involved with "petty" crimes.

I had a business, on a Friday night, 3 teenage boys were hanging around. I was watching, as best I could. There were 40+ teenage customers in the shop. The 3 took off out the door and an item was missing from where they had been. I took off after them. Crossing a parking lot, the item was discarded. I watched them enter Jack-in-the-Box, on the corner. Cops arrived, I pointed out the discarded item. We went Jack. I identified the 3. They were cuffed and loaded and loaded into squad car.
Officer tells me that 1 of the teens was son of a prominate man in town. Did I want to stir up ****? Since the item was less than $50, it was a petty misdemeanor. (item marked $49.95 )
He suggested calling parents and releasing them. I said LOUDLY, "THROW THEIR ASS IN PRISON." Making sure the 3 "badasses" and the group of their friends watching, heard me.

They were hauled to jail, parents called and released.

DA refused to charge, since I had recovered property, I hadn't SEEN them take it and they were never SEEN in possession.

I no longer gave free coffee to cops, no discounted lunches. Decided to close, sell house and move.

Found out a couple after, several of the "south of the border" community, that I knew, had coached their kids in baseball, took fishing, and helped with jobs; discovered what happened and who was involved. The 3 teens and 3 Dads were jumped and the families shunned by the "community". Lynch mob? Justice?
Those involved stood up for what they felt was right. Next election, New Mayor, New DA and then, new Chief of Police.

I felt somewhat vindicated.

Maybe a slippery slope, maybe the pendulum needs to swing back. The loony left has pushed and pushed. Eventually, push back will happen.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been the agenda pushed by West coast authorities for decades with the idea that the citizen will not, and cannot, take matters into their own hands (such as personal defense) without dire consequences. It has degraded to little more than a competition between law enforcement and the criminal element as to who has more control over the law abiding citizen.
Yeah thats why we had to leave kern county, with as bad as the crime is we were going to end up shooting someone while protecting ourselves. Which would likely result in a shoot out with law enforcement as we will not be thrown in a cage for defending ourselves either lol

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OR, as in Portland, the Police are 1 block away, ordered to not respond, just watching.

Semantics, but slight difference in citizens stopping a robbery and a lynch mob.

I worked at Safeway, a big part of my job was theft prevention. The majority of it happened on Sundays, just after noon, when church let out.

Stores no longer confronting theft is directly related to lawyers, followed by police unwilling to do the paperwork involved with "petty" crimes.

I had a business, on a Friday night, 3 teenage boys were hanging around. I was watching, as best I could. There were 40+ teenage customers in the shop. The 3 took off out the door and an item was missing from where they had been. I took off after them. Crossing a parking lot, the item was discarded. I watched them enter Jack-in-the-Box, on the corner. Cops arrived, I pointed out the discarded item. We went Jack. I identified the 3. They were cuffed and loaded and loaded into squad car.
Officer tells me that 1 of the teens was son of a prominate man in town. Did I want to stir up ****? Since the item was less than $50, it was a petty misdemeanor. (item marked $49.95 )
He suggested calling parents and releasing them. I said LOUDLY, "THROW THEIR ASS IN PRISON." Making sure the 3 "badasses" and the group of their friends watching, heard me.

They were hauled to jail, parents called and released.

DA refused to charge, since I had recovered property, I hadn't SEEN them take it and they were never SEEN in possession.

I no longer gave free coffee to cops, no discounted lunches. Decided to close, sell house and move.

Found out a couple after, several of the "south of the border" community, that I knew, had coached their kids in baseball, took fishing, and helped with jobs; discovered what happened and who was involved. The 3 teens and 3 Dads were jumped and the families shunned by the "community". Lynch mob? Justice?
Those involved stood up for what they felt was right. Next election, New Mayor, New DA and then, new Chief of Police.

I felt somewhat vindicated.

Maybe a slippery slope, maybe the pendulum needs to swing back. The loony left has pushed and pushed. Eventually, push back will happen.
There is a big difference between mob justice and policing yourselves (your own group). People really suck at policing their own, be it family, political party, you name it. My guy vs your guy, not right vs wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom