When will Home Depot hire security guards to protect shoplifters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not flaming you but curious??? is this how the Oregonians delt with these situations?
I would venture to guess That this is not a very common in Oregon much like California, coming from Bakersfield Ca I can tell you that most of the citizens that are able and willing to take matters in to their own hands don't for a few reasons.

They will be crucified by the media and citizens they're protecting.

If you try to defend yourself or your property then you will most surely be arrested.

If you manage to get out without legal charges then you will be financially and career wise crippled.

And if you try to diffuse a domestic violence situation that you see, most likely the victim will press charges against you for stopping their ass beating session they were receiving.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I always say: Your personal security is NOT the job of the police. If you are not your own first responder, then you don't have one.
Unfortunately the majority of citizens are punks that cannot defend themselves and are taught that law enforcement will come protect you from someone anytime you call, at the end of the day law enforcement is not your friend. They're there strictly to incarcerate and collect more money from you mostly.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So muting people's freedom of speech is acceptable on this forum? Seems to be exactly what the social media groups that majority of the members here are against.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would venture to guess That this is not a very common in Oregon much like California, coming from Bakersfield Ca I can tell you that most of the citizens that are able and willing to take matters in to their own hands don't for a few reasons.

They will be crucified by the media and citizens they're protecting.

If you try to defend yourself or your property then you will most surely be arrested.

If you manage to get out without legal charges then you will be financially and career wise crippled.

And if you try to diffuse a domestic violence situation that you see, most likely the victim will press charges against you for stopping their ass beating session they were receiving.
The last one I believe kinda happened to me 30 yrs ago. Last time I intervened in a domestic issue. A man had his wife on the ground beating the crap out of her, I wasn't raised like that. So I pulled him off, he threw a punch and the fight was on until she got up and jumped on my back hitting me. I threw my hands up and yelled hold it everyone stopped. I excused myself and they went right back at it with me walking away shaking my head.:ooh2:Will never do that again unless it's someone I know is involved. That happened right here in Oklahoma.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last one I believe kinda happened to me 30 yrs ago. Last time I intervened in a domestic issue. A man had his wife on the ground beating the crap out of her, I wasn't raised like that. So I pulled him off, he threw a punch and the fight was on until she got up and jumped on my back hitting me. I threw my hands up and yelled hold it everyone stopped. I excused myself and they went right back at it with me walking away shaking my head.:ooh2:Will never do that again unless it's someone I know is involved. That happened right here in Oklahoma.
I was raised the same way but unfortunately it's best to avoid getting involved, 99 percent of the time you will end up in the wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom