When Your Youngest Child Gets Their Driver's License....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get it. I couldn't wait to drive but a lot of kids today don't seem that interested.
They get a lot of their social interaction virtual, which we didn't have. My daughter watches VR movies with her friends and they can talk back and forth while watching, without leaving home.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only during the summer. I had it as a class in HS. Folks are partial to the driving schools now because they can circumvent the OHP/DMV and the driving school will administer the driving test. Pass the test and head to the tag office and you're done. The only time the OHP/DMV is needed is for them to get their permit prior to the license.
Some Tag agency's can do permits (15 1/2) with the drive school certification AND the new online course cert for emergency vehicles. Recently sat through a drivers ed class and the instructor asked how many were excited to get their licence, there were actually 4-5 that did not raise their hands, surprised me. The new law on emergency vehicles raise the fine for not yielding from $250 to $1000!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Some Tag agency's can do permits (15 1/2) with the drive school certification AND the new online course cert for emergency vehicles. Recently sat through a drivers ed class and the instructor asked how many were excited to get their licence, there were actually 4-5 that did not raise their hands, surprised me. The new law on emergency vehicles raise the fine for not yielding from $250 to $1000!
There are a lot of kids out there that pretty much don't get excited about anything.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1698369384768.png

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids? Good gosh.. All of my 14 grandkids have their driver's license (except one, and he's only two years away). If I somehow hang in there two or three more years, I'll see my first of four great-grandkids get a license. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom