Where did you buy your mattress?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't give a recommendation for Tulsa, but for a traditional (not memory foam) mattress in OKC, I definitely give two thumbs up for Oklahoma Mattress Company, at N.W. 4th and Classen.

Their mattresses are made to order, as firm as you would like, and they are flippable (i.e., they are actually a mattress on BOTH sides, unlike most today).
The same people have owned the company for decades and I sleep well on an Extra Firm.
Their mattress, brand new, was MUCH heavier than my previous one -- which at a dozen years old would supposedly weigh so much more from the dust mites, etc.

I am not a paid endorser, but I like their product.

http://okmattress.com/latex_mattresses_pillows/

This is a big thumbs up for an OKC mattress!! I replaced a high dollar tempurpedic from mattress firm with one of these over a year ago. Very nice indeed. There are some mattress forums somewhere and that is where I discovered OKC mattress

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do not get one of those I think serta's with all the individual coils.. that was the last one we got and it was fine then about a year later it was sway backed.
Wears out quickly.
Now it has zero stains because we do not eat on it and it has 3 sets of sheets than get washed 1 time a week.

The best mattress I ever got was from a guy that builds them .. he is near H&H in OKC . he had this blue and white stripped heavy cotton material like the stuff you get in jail.

anyway he told me he uses 3" foam and 6" cotton.. wrapped the springs with heavy burlap and other stuff was going on.
I watched him make some right there.
He stated the foam will sag and wear down.. so he used more cotton which makes it last longer.
That sucker was heavy.
And it was the most comfy mattress. I got another for my grandmother and a spare bedroom.
Oklahoma Mattress Co. makes a really nice mattress with cotton but no foam. Foam breaks down and deteriorates. Interestingly, you can take this matress back to them in 10 years or when ever and they take the cotton out, clean it and rebuild it. Like an overhaul. A new Queen sized mattress and box spring cost ne around $400 I think. That was many years ago though. They have FIRM, FIRMER and EXTRA FIRM. I have the extra firm and my back loves it.
These are the only mattresses I'll ever buy.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not get one of those I think serta's with all the individual coils.. that was the last one we got and it was fine then about a year later it was sway backed.
Wears out quickly.
Now it has zero stains because we do not eat on it and it has 3 sets of sheets than get washed 1 time a week.

The best mattress I ever got was from a guy that builds them .. he is near H&H in OKC . he had this blue and white stripped heavy cotton material like the stuff you get in jail.

anyway he told me he uses 3" foam and 6" cotton.. wrapped the springs with heavy burlap and other stuff was going on.
I watched him make some right there.
He stated the foam will sag and wear down.. so he used more cotton which makes it last longer.
That sucker was heavy.
And it was the most comfy mattress. I got another for my grandmother and a spare bedroom.
I had a Serta that did the same thing. I paid over a grand for it and it sucked. Recently bought a sleep designs and so far it is great. But I bought it in Shawnee at marquis furniture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom