Where do atheists get their morality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to live your life based on an ancient book to have morals. In fact, most people with twisted morals are religious. Muslims are taught to wage war against all non believers and most Christians pick and choose what parts of the bible they want to listen to. Most atheists just strive to not be assholes to each other and I guess it is working well for them. I don't think I've ever heard of a group of atheists shooting up a school, beheading anyone, or breeding hatred against any particular group of people. Most of the issues in this country and around the world are all rooted in religion. I assume that atheists are just sitting back and enjoying the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an atheist, violence is not a religion thing. It's a mankind thing. It's in our nature.

An atheist is no more superior than any other person.

People thinking one group is better than the other, that's where the problem starts.

Most atheists. .. aren't so "whatever". Most won't miss a chance to beat up on someone who is religious. I don't think those people are really atheists. I think they are really religious but have a bone to pick with religion. Otherwise, they just wouldn't care.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an atheist, violence is not a religion thing. It's a mankind thing. It's in our nature.

People thinking one group is better than the other, that's where the problem starts.

Most atheists. .. aren't so "whatever". Most won't miss a chance to beat up on someone who is religious. I don't think those people are really atheists. I think they are really religious but have a bone to pick with religion. Otherwise, they just wouldn't care.

One thing I hate worse than a holier than thou Christian and that's a (I think) "I'm smarter than you because I'm atheist" atheist. They are both solid grade a as*holes.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I hate worse than a holier than thou Christian and that's a (I think) "I'm smarter than you because I'm atheist" atheist. They are both solid grade a as*holes.

+++

If an Atheist is on a plane plunging towards the ground. Do they suddenly get religion and start praying or do they wave their hands in the air, yell YAHOO and enjoy the ride?

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

True believers KNOW they are lower than everyone else not superior. Even Paul (an apostle), said he was the chief sinner and lowest of the low. So if believers are reading what they are supposed to they should never be getting an attitude of superiority. Problem is that a lot of professing Christians aren't believers

Latest posts

Top Bottom