Where do you put it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bear with me, so last night the wife gets home and wanted to go out to eat. Cool, off to Lone Star we go. I ate more than I should have and we needed to stop for gas and make a Wal-mart run on the way home. While we are driving back towards the house and local Murphys for gas, my stomach decided it didnt like me. I didnt eat lunch so this was not uncommon. Stop to get gas and get a little relief while I am pumping.
Cross the street to Wal-mart and my wife wants to browse. Now my stomach is hating me and telling me all about it. Great, I hate going to the bathrooom at Wal-mart but this cant wait. By the time I decide to take care of business I am in full blown alert mode doing my best to get to the back of the store without losing my clench for fear of really causing a scene. I make it to the bathroom and while I am concentrating on the business at hand I am also trying to figure out what to do with my gun. Its not a pocket gun so I have to find a place to put a full size 45 while I do the deed. No tanks on the toilets, just the toilet paper holder mounted to the side of the stall. Ok, got a plan. Trying to unholster and do the dance at the same time I lay my pistol on the toilet paper holder with the muzzle pointed towards the back wall, rip the seat liner out of the box and fumble with the stupid tabs you have to tear out knowing full well I am about to lose it. Get the liner on the seat and started to get my pants down and the dumb auto toilet flushed taking my seat cover with it. Mind you I am in a narrow stall and doing my best to hurry and not knock my gun from it perch. Get one more seat cover in place and got plopped down just as the toilet flushed again but I saved this seat cover just in time.
Now the question, what do you guys do with your gun when you have to go to a public restroom? I cant leave it in holster, there really isnt a place to put it, hanging it by the trigger guard is not really an option. I dont carry a bag, any ideas? My wife thought this was hilarious, but I didnt see the humor. Perhaps if I had a little more time to contemplate the options I could have done something better, like get home.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toilet paper holder is often the only place... and yes, it sucks. Hanging on a coathook... never though of this, but the weight of the gun would make it hang upside down, no risk of trigger being pulled once you carefully place it. Only thing i can think of is if some r-tard is hammering on the door and makes it fall.

Not sure what else to do...

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my thought, but it would not be in reach and I was worried about the muzzle sticking up past the door edge. The TP holder was my only option at that point.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually put it in my pants and pull them about knee hieght so noone can see it, and I won't forget it. Another option, choose a stall with a wall on your carry side, that way it won't be exposed, and you don't have to take it out of the holster.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just fold the holster over into the pants. or unholster the gun and place it in the pants. I've gotten good and dropping the pants and widening the legs to hold the belt with holstered gun snug to the outside of the calf muscle. high enough to not be spotted.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just fold the holster over into the pants. or unholster the gun and place it in the pants. I've gotten good and dropping the pants and widening the legs to hold the belt with holstered gun snug to the outside of the calf muscle. high enough to not be spotted.
I carry a full size Glock in a IWB and do the same.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stretch my undies over the top of it, hold it with my right hand (holstered) as I undo belt, etc and drop trow. It's covered the whole time and never comes unholstered.

Not as much undie stretch if I'm carrying appendix, so in that case I'll just cover it after my britches are down.

This would make kind of a funny but useful youtube vid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom