Where's the smart money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not be buying it to "flip" in the short term, and there would be a slew of speculative stocks I could have purchased (Citi, Bank of America, Ford Modor Cmpany) that would have made more than a 11.7% return in the last 24 months.

I bought Citigroup in spring of '09 for 3.27, today it's 4.13. 26% gain, If I'm doing the math right. What I'm really hoping for is the day it gets back up to 40+!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're using a fallacious argument against gold. Your concern applies to all investment vehicles, not just gold. I'll stipulate to the fact that FRNs (dollars) are being devalued (inflation). I see that as an argument to diversify into something else. ANYTHING in which you invest must increase in value to break even (assuming continued inflation). So, where's the smart money?

If you saw my prior posts in this thread, my whole argument was there is no smart money aside from diversification. I am asserting any investment vehicle is no better or worse than gold. Putting "all your eggs in one basket" financially is a poor idea.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you saw my prior posts in this thread, my whole argument was there is no smart money aside from diversification. I am asserting any investment vehicle is no better or worse than gold. Putting "all your eggs in one basket" financially is a poor idea.

If none are better or worse, why diversify?

Like Mark Twain said, "put all your eggs in one basket and, watch that basket".

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom