Who else has caught the COVID ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got it mid Aug 2021. Day 8-10 was the worst. O2 sat was around 90-91. I had nothing left energy wise and thought dying might happen. Day 11 started to get a bit better and was fully recovered by mid Sep.

No vax, 52, good health, regular cardio and lifting.

I just had the genetic disposition to get hit hard by it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the wife and I just got lucky. When we were in Alabama on our Summer work gig, she developed a cough one day that was different from her normal allergy coughs. She went in the next day to an urgent care facility and tested positive. She was offered the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion, and while she felt somewhat bad that afternoon, by evening she was getting much better. We decided that we would rather do the isolation bit at home instead of in a hotel in Alabama, so we headed home the next day. That day, while driving back to OK, I was coughing. She set up an appointment for an urgent care facility in Yukon, OK for Sunday evening (the next day.) I tested positive and was set up for the infusion on Monday afternoon.

After about two days, we were both bored to death but feeling fine. I think a major key is to catch this thing early and act on it instead of trying to wait it out and self administer medications that may not help.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they shake it off pretty quick with no residual ****. This fatigue and brain fog is ridiculous. 🙄

Yep. BTDT.

We loaded them up with food, Gatorade, etc over the weekend, so all they have to do is sleep and get better. They're 26 years old, so my guess is they'll be back to normal soon.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I haven't died yet. 😂😂😂😂 Though truth be told I wish I would. But O2 and temp are both good. Appetite ain't for ****. Still have overall aches but not as bad as they were. Dry cough 90% of the time; clear wet hack 10%. Lungs are clear -- no rasp. Still taking IVM but having trouble getting the vitamin supplementation down because my throat is so sore. Gonna look around for some of those vit/min mixes you mix in water and drink. When my PCP gets back in town Monday I'll visit with him and see what he thinks.
Glad you're doing better.

I had a throat so sore once I couldn't swallow for the pain and couldn't talk either. I was so desperate for relief I got the urge to "burn it out" so I went to an Oriental restaurant for lunch and ate some of their green (Wasabi?) hot sauce and man did it burn - but I received almost instant relief. Stopped at the store on the way home that night and bought some hot jalapenos and gargled with the juice every 15 or 20 minutes until bed time. Woke up the next morning and I was much better, but I gargled again anyway and took the jar to work with me to gargle during the day. Made a believer of me and I have never liked hot/spicy food (still don't, but I still gargle with Jalapeno juice when my throat starts getting sore). You might try mild jalapeno juice if hot is too hot, but the hotter equals more pain relief (hard to believe I know). Be sure to swallow the juice after gargling with it or drink some fresh juice afterwards.

Gargling with hydrogen peroxide can help as well. And of course warm salt water (as warm and as salty as you can stand) is a good one too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom