Who else has caught the COVID ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cought it from our middle kiddo a couple months ago. Didn't even know I had it. Zero symptoms. Youngest just got over it, sniffles for a couple of days, minor fever for a couple hours.

Weird deal, wrecks some people, much to do about nothing with others. A friend at work was down pretty hard with it three weeks ago.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday was my first day back to work (retirement part-time job) after a 10 day quarantine.

I had been feeling bad for 2 days when I went in for a test,,,
It was positive and they said it was the Omicron thing.

I tell you that the first 4-6 days was misery.

Sinus headaches that wouldn't quit,,,
My back felt as if I had been beaten with a baseball bat,,,
And general nausea that wouldn't allow me to eat anything but soup.

By the end of my quarantine though I was feeling quite a bit better,,,
I had been in every other day phone contact with my clinic,,,
They were monitoring my temp and vitals.

They said that since I had no fever for 5 days,,,
I was not contagious anymore.

I'm fine now and have no lingering effects (thank God),,,
Except that I am generally weak as a kitten.

I have an office visit with my Doctor on Monday for my regular 6-month check-up,,,
I'm not sure what they can do as far as testing but I'm looking forward to (hoping for) a clean bill of health.

The only up-side is that having been through Omicron,,,
They are thinking that I will be resistant to a second go-round.

Here's hoping "They" are correct.

Aarond

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is how it was when I had my accident with the tree. I never left the ER and they sent me home soon as I was stabilized "because Covid". That was 15-16 months ago now.
Scott said you were too hard headed and the brain scan machine wasn’t powerful enough to read thru that thick skull. 😜

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I haven't died yet. 😂😂😂😂 Though truth be told I wish I would. But O2 and temp are both good. Appetite ain't for ****. Still have overall aches but not as bad as they were. Dry cough 90% of the time; clear wet hack 10%. Lungs are clear -- no rasp. Still taking IVM but having trouble getting the vitamin supplementation down because my throat is so sore. Gonna look around for some of those vit/min mixes you mix in water and drink. When my PCP gets back in town Monday I'll visit with him and see what he thinks.
They put me on a course of Dexamethasone too. Might be worth looking into.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I never lost my appetite. Laid around for 6 days while making breakfast, lunch and dinner. Got short of breath trying to button my pants for work yesterday!
Funny story, my wife was messing around in the kitchen Saturday afternoon but I didn’t pay attention to what she was doing really. I went out to the shed to clean and organize some brass. I was out there about and hour and came in around 4:30. As soon as I walked in I was hit with the smell of spaghetti sauce cooking. I’m thinking ‘yeah, spaghetti sounds good for dinner’. I walk over and look at the stove. It’s PEANUT BUTTER cookies! It’s smelled just like spaghetti but at least they tasted like peanut butter cookies. Weird.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never lost my appetite. Laid around for 6 days while making breakfast, lunch and dinner. Got short of breath trying to button my pants for work yesterday!
Funny story, my wife was messing around in the kitchen Saturday afternoon but I didn’t pay attention to what she was doing really. I went out to the shed to clean and organize some brass. I was out there about and hour and came in around 4:30. As soon as I walked in I was hit with the smell of spaghetti sauce cooking. I’m thinking ‘yeah, spaghetti sounds good for dinner’. I walk over and look at the stove. It’s PEANUT BUTTER cookies! It’s smelled just like spaghetti but at least they tasted like peanut butter cookies. Weird.

That IS weird!! Haha!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They put me on a course of Dexamethasone too. Might be worth looking into.

I've been taking some OTC stuff but maybe you're onto something. I did notice that after I did my exercises today I coughed and coughed and coughed. Maybe those exercises will help get me off high center.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How you feeling, @Glock 'em down ?? Better I hope. This infernal cough is gonna be the death of me. 😣😣
Much better, sweetie, thanks for asking. I FINALLY slept more than a couple of hours today, when I got off work at 7 this morning. Now if I can just get over my body aches. Of course, I had that way before covid.

How about you darlin? No better? :comfort:

Latest posts

Top Bottom