Who Else Likes Both Glocks and 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy my Glock but with that said, the 1911 got the nod as to which one got to go out tonight.

And I enjoy my 1911 but the G43 went out to dinner with us this evening. The only malfs I've seen with a Glock was (1.) this one G36 I had didn't like to extract or eject WWB 230 gr FMJ. It happened 3 times I think, out of a box of 100 rounds. Never had any troubles with any other kind of boolets; just crappy WWB. But that was 3 too many. (2.) Next, Jimmy had a POS G43 that had the voodoo or something on it; at first, I thought he was limp wristing cause he has, well, you know, he has got them kinda limp girly-man wrists? But then I shot it too and it was cursed for me as well, so that told us that it HAD to be a gun-related problem. Oh it fed chambered locked fired extracted ejected and so on just fine, but at 5 yards, it looked like a shotgun pattern.

As far as 1911s go...I've had some issues, but I guess it's okay, I mean I've been shooting them for like 40 years and I've seen a variety of problems. Some I chalked up to the pistol; some were clearly operator malfunctions.

I still like and trust both MY Glocks and 1911 pistolas.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like Glocks, and my arthritic wrists won't tolerate .45 ACP recoil anymore. 9mm 1911s are okay as far as it goes, but the Hi Power holds more ammo and is, perhaps, more reliable. But I carry the HK P2000 because its reliability is unquestioned.

Please bring that HK to the next eat and shoot. I'd really like to take a look at that gun. For real. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I presently have a G42 and G43, in the past I had a G19 and G29. I would not mind having a G26. I have some guns that are range toys, some are special purpose for hunting, some are guns that my wife's and my family owned, and one is a work of art made by Les Baer.
I also like motorcycles. I go on a few motorcycle forums, and people always argue about their brand is better. ATV's are the same way. You can tell some people just like to ride, while others will change their lives because the Harley is and extension of their penis. Corvette guys are the same way.

Last edited:

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911's are what you show your friends and family....Glocks are what you show your enemies!!!

Kinda serious....but seriously, I like them both. I have several 1911's and lots of Glocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom