Why Are Addresses So Hard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Bristow the address is like 12345 South 123 West Ave. To often things just get addressed as 12345 SouthWest Ave and then can't be delivered. :(

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the good old days
Grand Blvd was a loop that you could drive in a big circle (Square)
With additions of new roads it is now broken up and not a complete circle

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the problem is Google, People can't read or figure out how to find an address. I bought a house on west 28th place and Google directed everybody to west 28th ave. People climbing on roof, knocking and going in to measure cabinets or bath. After several attempts Google and calls finally changed it.
People are dumb and lazy Google showed a picture of the correct house and Really how can you confuse a green and white wood house with a gold brick house.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This discussion reminds me of a funny incident that happened forty years ago.

Two brothers I used to work with at the FD were roofers on their days off. These were country boys who liked their beer with hard work.

They went to an address to replace a roof one day on “Terrace” instead of “Street.”

The owner came home from working a Night Shift and the crew had half of his roof ripped off and on the ground.

After a few words and I’m sure some discount was added, the home owner agreed to let them finish the job.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This discussion reminds me of a funny incident that happened forty years ago.

Two brothers I used to work with at the FD were roofers on their days off. These were country boys who liked their beer with hard work.

They went to an address to replace a roof one day on “Terrace” instead of “Street.”

The owner came home from working a Night Shift and the crew had half of his roof ripped off and on the ground.

After a few words and I’m sure some discount was added, the home owner agreed to let them finish the job.
This happens more often than you would think and I would never let the people who screwed up in the first place do my roof. They would be paying for the roofer of my choice to do it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I can tell you this, I feel sorry for delivery folks in Holdenville or Stroud. They have some messed up streets. When I first started reading meters there I had some major issues learning the streets.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Grand Blvd used to be a complete circle around okc… it’s all broken up now.
Anyone familiar with Grand in OKC. Are we talking SW 36th St Grand, N Grand near NW 63rd, or N Grand Blvd. Sometimes you gotta wonder what city planners were thinking. Then you get up near Edmond where NW 164th St is actually 15th St in Edmond and the list goes on. Fortunately, with zip +4 and barcodes about 80 percent of letter mail is sorted in automation and takes the human error element out of it. Packages.....not so much

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yep. Grand Blvd used to be a complete circle around okc… it’s all broken up now.
Yep. I used to carry mail down the 6100 and 6200 blocks, cross what is now Hefner Parkway and back up the odd side. I volunteer with the Red Cross Disaster Action Team and there was a big fire the other morning at 6500 N Grand. Both guys coming to help me went to the wrong Grand.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on ##ST, but there is a ##Terr right next to us (identical number) and it's like every third delivery goes to the corresponding address on the wrong street? You would think that after I keep opening mis delivery tickets they would put some kind of alert in the delivery system (all of them, Amazon, UPS and FedEx). It also doesn't help that the lady who lives at that house will not answer her door and doesn't like to bring packages to us, despite the fact that when we get her stuff we do deliver it. Just a rant.
After 8 years I am still getting mail for the three people that used to live here, two of whom ARE DEAD!
The other is homeless. Legal notices, bills, sweepstakes, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom