Why do people hate Metallica?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've listened to more Metallica in the last three days than I did in total when I was younger. The new stuff sounds great to me - Reload, Garage Inc, etc.
I get that Metallica has fallen out of favor for jocking it's fans and 'selling out' or whatever, but some people consider them a shade of Nickleback.

What gives? Why do people hate Metallica?

Old stuff...cool. New stuff...not cool.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya'll wanna know a little bit of metallica trivia? Guess what that is on the cover of the load album.......blood and uhhhh male secretions between two plates of glass. :puke:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another bit... James Hetfield wrote the song "Wasting My Hate" based on an experience he had with which close friend?

Hint: It's a fellow musician, but very surprising.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say whatever you want about being greedy, but if someone stole from you, wouldn't you try to stop it?

I've already cooled off on my Metallica kick, and have moved on in the fickle world of what I listen to. However, when it comes to suing thieves, I just don't see the righteous objection.

The thieves who stole music deserve to be prosecuted, and any free & unlicensed P2P site needs to be taken down.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say whatever you want about being greedy, but if someone stole from you, wouldn't you try to stop it?

Look at the quote I posted earlier in this thread. It's not even about the suit, but the premise of why they said they sued. They claimed the free online trade objectified their music and took away from it being art, as opposed to you know... selling the art for 18 dollars a pop.

It's very disingenuous. If they said they produce a product and deserved to be compensated for it, then at least they'd be honest.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to really enjoy listening to Metallica.
Then they stopped making good music and started alienating fans who downloaded their music.
IMHO if it's free over the air (radio) then it's no different over the wire (internet).
I'm also of the opinion that metal and rock are dying if not dead.
Movies are using rock songs from 5-10 years ago because there haven't been any good tunes since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom