Why do we do such?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much the same for me GED. Except when I forget to leave it in my truck at the airport and have to donate it to the TSA eBay fund.
Several years ago, I had received a very nice 5” blade that a friend found at an estate sale. I bought it from him and took it to my office one morning to hav3 one of my employees add a stag handle to it. Before I saw the fellow, I got a call that I needed to make a quick flight to St Louis. I forgot all about the blade. Tulsa TSA folks didn’t see it, but for the return trip, it was found. I waved goodbye as the “supervisor” carried it off, probably to their locker.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got started on knives as a kid going to gun shows with my dad. Too young to buy guns but most vendors would sell a kid a knife. My knife buying slowed down when the gun buying started but I still pick them up here and there and always have one on me.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much for the Barlow.......,.. :cool: Nice collection...

It is Bone! It also was lost in a seat of a Massey Ferguson 285 for 9 years one time in its life! I kept all my Tractors inside, rare they set in the weather. Then the gent that found it carried for a year before I seen him cutting string on hay bales. I reclaimed it. That is the provenance on it! Haaaaa!

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know. Which one is a Canoe?

It's a style.

Case-Canoe-Knife-Pocket-Worn-Blue-Bone-Peach-Seed-Jig-SS-BHQ-140659-jr-bottlecap.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It is Bone! It also was lost in a seat of a Massey Ferguson 285 for 9 years one time in its life! I kept all my Tractors inside, rare they set in the weather. Then the gent that found it carried for a year before I seen him cutting string on hay bales. I reclaimed it. That is the provenance on it! Haaaaa!
The history of that knife makes it even better , Thanks for sharing that . If you have time could you get a closeup of the knife to show the detail in the scales.

Latest posts

Top Bottom