Why do we have to be all nice and sweet to people that want to disarm us?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not about "nice.". Like it or not, it's about perception. Getting angry and directing it at people will only drive more people away from our cause. What we need to do is use that anger to fuel us to fight for the rights, not spew that anger on others. We need to be angry enough to do something productive, such as educate those on the fence about the absurdity of gun control.
There is a time for anger and rage, and that time is not now. Now is the time to educate others and fight within our legal and political system.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Flybeech, believe me, I'm right there with you as well, but listening to these guys got me to thinking they might be right. You're right, being nice hasn't done us any good this far, but man, with this thing we have going now has a potential for things to go south and while we know we're right to stand our ground on a direct attack on our constitutional rights, it may be to our advantage to have as much of the public on our side as we can get.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Flybeech, believe me, I'm right there with you as well, but listening to these guys got me to thinking they might be right. You're right, being nice hasn't done us any good this far, but man, with this thing we have going now has a potential for things to go south and while we know we're right to stand our ground on a direct attack on our constitutional rights, it may be to our advantage to have as much of the public on our side as we can get.
Well put, even if you are my son,I've got to say that I (reluctantly) agree, However it does suck big time.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You really do not know your history.

My mistake. I thought the 1938 German Weapons Control act said Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or owning firearms and ammunition.

While I double check my sources, could you show me where in the German Weapons Control Act of 1938 where the rights of Jews were protected within the act? I'm no lawyer, perhaps another lawyer could clarify what history really is.

Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons

11 November 1938

With a basis in § 31 of the Weapons Law of 18 March 1928 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 265), Article III of the Law on the Reunification of Austria with Germany of 13 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 237), and § 9 of the Fuhrer and Chancellor's decree on the administration of the Sudeten-German districts of 1 October 1928 (Reichsgesetzblatt 1, p. 1331 ) are the following ordered:

§ 1

Jews (§ 5 of the First Regulations of the German Citizenship Law of 14 November 1935, Reichsgesetzblatt 1, p. 1332) are prohibited from acquiring. Possessing, and carrying firearms and ammunition, as well as truncheons or stabbing weapons. Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority.

§ 2

Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation.

§ 3

The Minister of the Interior may make exceptions to the Prohibition in § 1 for Jews who are foreign nationals. He can entrust other authorities with this power.

§ 4

Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions of § 1 will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. In especially severe cases of deliberate violations, the punishment is imprisonment in a penitentiary for up to five years.

§ 5

For the implementation if this regulation, the Minister of the Interior waives the necessary legal and administrative provisions.

§ 6

This regulation is valid in the state of Austria and in the Sudeten-German districts.

Berlin, 11 November 1938

Minister of the Interior

Frick

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it is a matter of being nice and sweet to the decision makers in legislative bodies. It is about getting your message across in a manner that gets them on your side. I think what we all need to understand is that any legislative body is made up of very diverse types of people. Also, they are made up of people who have a definite political philosophy, people who don't have formed opinions and can be influenced on many/most issues and then there are some whose opinion is heavily influenced by how it helps them. So the goal is not to alienate those who agree with you and do your best to be a positive influence on those sitting on the fence. The easiest way to lose a vote is to be perceived as threatening in any manner. It also doesn't help if you don't have a good handle on the issue you are lobbying for. I know that the best lobbying efforts are to send people in to talk to their own personal representatives and senators. Legislators are going to pay more attention to someone they know and/or know are from their districts/area of the state etc.

It isn't about being nice and sweet, it is about giving them information they can understand and use and that helps your cause.

My guess is that about 80 - 90% of the Oklahoma Legislature has a formed opinion on most gun control issues. So, it is about getting to those who are undecided and giving them sound reasons to cast their vote with you.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is really getting old. If you are turning off people who basically agree with you, how do you expect to convince people on the fence. Your enthusiasm is commendable, but your style negates your effectiveness. It's like you've got a nice smile, but horrible breath....sometimes better to keep your mouth closed.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unless Thomas Jefferson was wrong, what's really wrong with expressing some displeasure some people have with government? Today, does the government fear the people, or is it the other way around?

I mentioned that the German Reich confiscated firearms from the German Jews and the Jews went along with it to be nice. My knowledge of history was challenged, so I put forth what I believe to be an accurate translation of Nazi posters that appeared. It seems it didn't work out so well for them. If that never happened and gun confiscation didn't leave German Jews defenseless from tyranny, I will stand corrected.

“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”

― Thomas Jefferson

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't seem to get it

If you are turning gun enthusiasts off what do you think you sound like to my brother who doesn't think we need so any guns? You sound like a crazed, angry person that owns a lot of "scary" guns

We are trying o help you...

Latest posts

Top Bottom