Why haven't you tried some competitive shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Lol! You really DON'T know me then. I think what you meant to say was I don't know your sense of humor on the Internet

That's one of the most fun side benefits of shooting matches. Getting to know some funny SOB's.

Or at least some funny-looking ones!

Side-note. I still have this month's OKCGC 3 Gun match on my calendar. Hopefully it's not cold. I hate cold.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you actually shoot in a IDPA, USPSA, 3 gun or some other match or just watch? The reason I ask is that shooting is about 10x more fun than it looks from the outside.

I have to agree about the "waiting my turn to shoot isn't my idea of fun" I am very impatient and it sucks to sit around so much. Good thing there are good people at these matches to keep us laughing.

No, I did not actually shoot in a competition - I watched perhaps a half hour's worth, then was ready to leave and go someplace where I could shoot on my own terms. I must be more impatient than you in that regard :wink2:

Chris_Andersen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great thread Jesse. One of the best aspects of competitive shooting is the people. There are no shortage of people willing to help, share tips, and even encourage you to try out their $4000 gun.

Not only that, but we are blessed in Oklahoma with one of the largest concentrations of matches of all kinds available in the country. You can test your skills, your gear, practice, or just have fun at sometimes as many as 3 different practical pistol or 3-gun matches in a single weekend!

If you love to shoot, you owe it to yourself to give this stuff a try. There is never any pressure, and most of the organization/structure is there to keep things running smoothly and keep it safe. And there is never a shortage of people willing to do whatever it takes to help you get started. I travel all over the country competing and and consistently impressed with the caliber of people I meet in this sport.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
then was ready to leave and go someplace where i could shoot on my own terms.

i0.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_newsfeed_000_200_420_BRTky.jpg_2cbc1c169e7f10c34d5c01d435c3f975.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom