Will you buy a gun from a dealer? (With Poll)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy a gun if it requires paperwork (from or through a dealer)?

• Yes. I have no problem doing that.

Votes: 86 54.4%
  • Sometimes. It doesn't really matter much to me.

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • Sometimes. If I can't find it without paperwork.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Never. I don't like the government knowing what I'm doing.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Never. I'm a criminal and can't buy guns if I have to pass a background check.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last couple of gun shows I've done, I've noticed a trend. For every gun I sell, I get at least one person that says something along the lines of "Oh! You're a dealer. I don't want to fill out any paperwork."

So now I'm curious how people here rate on the "tin-foil hat scale". Not that I don't understand the desire for "paper-less" guns. It's just frustrating for me as a dealer sometimes.

Feel free to weigh-in. I would like input from both sides of the spectrum.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last couple of gun shows I've done, I've noticed a trend. For every gun I sell, I get at least one person that says something along the lines of "Oh! You're a dealer. I don't want to fill out any paperwork."

So now I'm curious how people here rate on the "tin-foil hat scale". Not that I don't understand the desire for "paper-less" guns. It's just frustrating for me as a dealer sometimes.

Feel free to weigh-in. I would like input from both sides of the spectrum.

No dealer and no taxes.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me. I buy most of my stuff new from dealers. The real question is, would you pay more for the same gun if it didn't have paperwork.

My dad is one of those guys that will pay more than what a gun is worth to buy it without paperwork.... and then never shoot it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom