Would you consider this bad manners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the different types of ear protection available its sometimes hard to tell if someone has in-ear protection or nothing at all. I agree with everyone else that he did nothing wrong.

Flip the script for a second, do you think you are obligated to stop firing every time someone new steps into the range? Is it your responsibility as a shooter to make sure that newcomers have eye and ear protectant at such a place or is that just implied/at their own risk?

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we are supposed to be our brothers keepers right? I usually check to make they ready for me to fire. AND as I stated earlier I stop firing till they are ready. BUT THEN that is just me. Not really an issue. I was just curius about what you all thought.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I notice a guy showing up to the line without earpro on I'll normally yell at him to put his ears on before I start back up shooting, but I wouldn't expect others to do the same thing.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make sure they have their ear-gear off before I fire, that way they can hear how awesome I am. If they are already wearing protection, then I will move my lips like I'm directly to them. Then they take them off to hear what I'm saying..I fire.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I got to be different but to me a little greeting and "Hey Bud, I fixen to bust a few off if you want to get ready" sure wouldn't hurt anything..I know that's the way I would have handled it..Just me I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom