Would you consider this bad manners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will usually finish up my current mag and then load magazines until other shooters are ready. I figure I might as well take a break because they are going to want to set targets anyway.(ex: Lexington)

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will usually finish up my current mag and then load magazines until other shooters are ready. I figure I might as well take a break because they are going to want to set targets anyway.(ex: Lexington)

That's kinda what I do. That and a greeting. Oh well, I lived through it and seem to have not suffered anything more than a good thread on OSA. It's all good.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Me too...I usually glance over to see if they are ready to set up targets or just getting stuff out. At TriCity, I try to put hearing protection on after I get out of my truck.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thyat happens alot doesn't it? HAHAHHAA! Okay I am a goober! I admit it.

You're just a nurturer ...

I always have my eyes/ears on when before we get onto an outdoor range but then again, I am always watching the other folks too. If they aren't covered up I'll just stop and wait until they are. No big deal ...

But I have to admit that I'm not watching them so much because I am worried about their sight and hearing as I am about their ability to handle a gun safely ... :lookaroun

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or am I just being too picky? I went to Lexington range to shoot today. There was an individual there already. I walked up to the table to shoot and the other gentleman proceeded to fire several times. I DID NOT have any ear protection on. I started to dig in my range bag, and found my ears, and immediately put them on. I was only there a short time and while packing up my gear the other individual proceed/continued to fire. Once again I had packed my ear protection up and was heading back to my vehicle. I lived.... no autopsy, no foul right? But do you think a little courtesy should have been shown here? Just wondering what you guys and gals think.

Let me get it straight - you get there and get ringed by live fire. A bit later, same day, on the same range, you take off your ear protection and somehow surprised by another ringer?

Every single range I've been to has a sign at the entrance - "Eye and ear protection required at all times." If there is a person at the hot range that decided to ignore the sign and common sense, a few non-magnum pistol rounds IS the courteous thing to do for their well being: one muzzle-braked mag might remind them for the rest of their life with permanent hearing loss. I love meeting people at the range - just do the pleasantries when the range is cold.

I can't believe there is 4 page discussion on this - it's a firearms forum, not airsoft, right?

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're just a nurturer ...

I always have my eyes/ears on when before we get onto an outdoor range but then again, I am always watching the other folks too. If they aren't covered up I'll just stop and wait until they are. No big deal ...

But I have to admit that I'm not watching them so much because I am worried about their sight and hearing as I am about their ability to handle a gun safely ... :lookaroun

^^^^^
nailed it.

Can't believe this made it to page 4.
Some great humor along the way!! Love it.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when I drive up on the range at CGM the first thing if some is there get out eye and ear covers. I've meet some really nice folks but a few rude one too! I hate it when they don't let others know that they are going hot range to shoot. but it's all in how you where taught . :eek2: IMHO

Latest posts

Top Bottom