Would you consider this bad manners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always motion for him to take his off, like you have something to tell him. Then proceed to start shooting once he does. Then make a thread about it here with a poll asking if you're a bad person for doing that.

I like the way you think Ridgehunter. BIG +1000 for you brother. LOL.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously not. But it was just me and him. AGAIN, I was just curius about your opinions. Why all the juvenile comments? The point has been made. I was wrong about the situation. Relax a little okay?

higgimw no ones pickin on you we are just havin a bit a fun. no one is taking stabs at you we are all "just sayin".

Maybe a "hey bud, get your 'ears' on" would be nice but we are just saying we cant fault the guy for not doing it...

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I wouldn't walk up to any range without hearing protection in especially if I saw someone shooting, I do not think I would let a long string of shots go if I noticed some goober was walking around without hearing protection in/on.

However, I typically make it a habit of putting hearing protection in before I get out of the car or as quick as I can after I get out of the car. I already have ringing in my ears from shooting too much when I was young without hearing protection. What can I say, my dad never stressed hearing protection with any of the kids. Thanks, dad!!!

On top of that, I almost always shoot with suppressors on my rifles so even if I kept shooting it wouldn't be as loud as shooting normally is for others. This would make it more bearable for that goober walking around without hearing protection.

Now if the Oklahoma Congress Critters would just get that hunting with suppressors thing taken care of!!! :cool:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
higgimw no ones pickin on you we are just havin a bit a fun. no one is taking stabs at you we are all "just sayin".

Maybe a "hey bud, get your 'ears' on" would be nice but we are just saying we cant fault the guy for not doing it...

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. My convictions are "slightly" to the right on occasion. LOL... I appreciate your input and opinions.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I wouldn't walk up to any range without hearing protection in especially if I saw someone shooting, I do not think I would let a long string of shots go if I noticed some goober was walking around without hearing protection in/on.

However, I typically make it a habit of putting hearing protection in before I get out of the car or as quick as I can after I get out of the car. I already have ringing in my ears from shooting too much when I was young without hearing protection. What can I say, my dad never stressed hearing protection with any of the kids. Thanks, dad!!!

On top of that, I almost always shoot with suppressors on my rifles so even if I kept shooting it wouldn't be as loud as shooting normally is for others. This would make it more bearable for that goober walking around without hearing protection.

Now if the Oklahoma Congress Critters would just get that hunting with suppressors thing taken care of!!! :cool:

I wish I could afford suppressors for mine. I'd settle for one for my 1911. I might even let you and Dustin take me huntin'...

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your safety is up to you...it is up to you to make sure you have eye and ear protection on as you enter the area weather indoor or outdoor range. Now if I see you walking up without any protection on I might stop and wait until you do, but If i'm shooting i'm not going to stop and evaluate everyone that comes up for safety gear just like I'm not going to wait when they leave to get in their car before I start shooting again...Your safety is up to you and nobody else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom