Would you shop any business didn’t support your beliefs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

• Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a question for this forum that didn't deserve its own thread and it's along the same lines so I'm gonna piggyback.

Let's say you're a boycotter. You HATE Dicks Sporting Goods. You HATE Nike. You HATE (all the other stuff half y'all hate).
But tomorrow is the first day of football practice for your son or grandson, and it falls on you at the last minute to find him cleats. And not just any cleats, they gotta be wide width.
Do you ruin everything for the kiddo for your beliefs, or do you walk into that Dick's and buy those Nikes for him?

This happened to me last month, no one else in the Metro had 10.5W football cleats and we only had a 36 hour notice. Amazon wouldn't have made the deadline.

So I did what I assume most of y'all woulda done. I strapped on my pistol and walked into Dicks to buy those Nikes.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does this website support all of our personal values? If it did, some people would be excluded and wouldn't be allowed to post. If a business supported extreme liberalism I would have noting to do with them. For instance Fox News is supporting certain liberal causes I don't agree with: Among the listed groups are the Satanic Temple, the Trevor Project, Planned Parenthood and its various branches, and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). They are encouraging employees to donate to these and will match up to $1,000.

Whistleblowers Accuse Fox News Of Financially Supporting Radical Charities Including Satanic Temple and Planned Parenthood

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently withdrew my money out of 2 banks that had no gun signs and told them why.I go to local shooting range 2 or 3 times a week and asked a very wealthy man i know to do the same and he said he would for the same reason i did.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So being a gun page I wondering how many of you would patronize a business that had a no firearm sign on the door? How many of you would enter a business that had a sign that said we support those who kneel during the national anthem? Or are there any other beliefs that you have who would prohibit you from patronizing a business because it didn’t support your beliefs?
Im sure there are ice cream shops that are anti gun, I still eat the ice cream while its available before the USA collapses. If you could convince everyone to boycott said business, it would be effective, probably. But just like building networks and plans to deal with the ATF or government overreach, nobody will actually unify and do anything.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this website support all of our personal values? If it did, some people would be excluded and wouldn't be allowed to post. If a business supported extreme liberalism I would have noting to do with them. For instance Fox News is supporting certain liberal causes I don't agree with: Among the listed groups are the Satanic Temple, the Trevor Project, Planned Parenthood and its various branches, and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). They are encouraging employees to donate to these and will match up to $1,000.

Whistleblowers Accuse Fox News Of Financially Supporting Radical Charities Including Satanic Temple and Planned Parenthood

So we support censorship and restricting right of free speech if someone doesnt hold our values?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not buy beer for myself because I do not drink enough to justify buying it.
But friends sometimes offer me a beer and it was usually Budlight in a bottle.

Last 2 times i was offered that beer for free I did not drink any.
I never will either.
I do not like Dicks sporting goods but it is because they have nothing I need.

I do see the issue with gotta go if that is the only store with what you want.
I do not have many wants so there is that.
I do not carry a weapon on me so there is that also.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So being a gun page I wondering how many of you would patronize a business that had a no firearm sign on the door? How many of you would enter a business that had a sign that said we support those who kneel during the national anthem? Or are there any other beliefs that you have who would prohibit you from patronizing a business because it didn’t support your beliefs?
I don’t even look for those signs anymore. I frankly don’t care what businesses stances on things are. It’s a free country. I expect to do as I please, other people should be allowed to do as they wish as well.
I will try to make a point avoid certain places, whether its due to business practices, customer service, or their choosing to take political sides, it doesn’t matter. But I’m not gonna inconvenience myself to prove to a business, small or large, that my $5 is gonna go elsewhere because I think they’re wrong. That’s just ridiculous.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a question for this forum that didn't deserve its own thread and it's along the same lines so I'm gonna piggyback.

Let's say you're a boycotter. You HATE Dicks Sporting Goods. You HATE Nike. You HATE (all the other stuff half y'all hate).
But tomorrow is the first day of football practice for your son or grandson, and it falls on you at the last minute to find him cleats. And not just any cleats, they gotta be wide width.
Do you ruin everything for the kiddo for your beliefs, or do you walk into that Dick's and buy those Nikes for him?

This happened to me last month, no one else in the Metro had 10.5W football cleats and we only had a 36 hour notice. Amazon wouldn't have made the deadline.

So I did what I assume most of y'all woulda done. I strapped on my pistol and walked into Dicks to buy those Nikes.
In that unique situation, I believe you had no other choice. That is an exception for you, not the rule. I would have hated to do it but would have done the same.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t even look for those signs anymore. I frankly don’t care what businesses stances on things are. It’s a free country. I expect to do as I please, other people should be allowed to do as they wish as well.
I will try to make a point avoid certain places, whether its due to business practices, customer service, or their choosing to take political sides, it doesn’t matter. But I’m not gonna inconvenience myself to prove to a business, small or large, that my $5 is gonna go elsewhere because I think they’re wrong. That’s just ridiculous.
I can’t spend money at an establishment that is anti second amendment. Financing their fight to take peoples guns is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom