Would you shop any business didn’t support your beliefs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

• Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped going to Lowes because of their views because I am white, I am automatically a racist.
I haven't been inside a Lowes in over 2 years.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bank-of-america-lowes-sponsored-crt-training
On the other side of the big box store, I refuse to go to home depot unless I have to, because they now require I download an app to track my purchases and god knows what else on my phone just to get a military discount. Its simply a corporate policy that was put into place to pad their "losses" of offering a discount by collecting personal data and shopping metrics for the sake of selling said data to data brokers and researchers. Ironic, considering that Home Depots digital security has a horrible track record, with one of the largest payment system breeches in history under their belts.

Also, Canadian Home Depot stores have some questionable training materials:

The flyer that was reportedly posted in a break room at a Calgary, Alberta, Home Depot showed the home improvement giant's logo and was titled, "Leading Practices: Unpacking Privilege." It asks employees to literally "check" their "privilege," whether it be "white privilege," class privilege," "Christian privilege," "cisgender privilege," "able-bodied privilege," or "heterosexual privilege."

What about Ace? Ace Hardware is considered pretty conservative from everything I have seen. Maybe even nonpolitical. But if you look deeper, when that david hogg kid called for advertiser boycotts of some fox news program, Ace pulled their advertising.

I just feel like if anyone digs deep enough, they can find something they dislike about something. Thats why the extreme liberals/democrats/woke dudes are tearing each other apart. Nobody is without blame when viewed from a hypercritical, nothing less than perfection standard.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't take a "no guns" sign at a store personally because I realize they're often not a political statement but rather an insurance requirement or just something someone put up "to make people feel more comfortable" (as ignorant as that may be.)

When a business starts preaching to me or taking an obvious political stance in their marketing and advertisements I start trying to avoid them - definitely if I strongly disagree with their position but honestly possibly even if I do agree with them. A good example is the Bud Light debacle. I'm not anti-trans at all. I don't understand it completely, but I'm not anti at all. That said, I really don't want to hear about it at every turn, especially in the marketing of a beer. The truth is I always ordered a Bud Light probably because of their marketing and now I don't order one because of their marketing. .

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don’t go out of my way to keep up with or research the political affiliations or religious beliefs of most businesses, so I’m sure I do business with some that I don’t agree with.

Same here. If they're going to turn me off with their political stances they're going to have to market them hard to me. I feel the same way about people I meet. If I don't know their politics, we're good. If I know them and agree, they're good. If I know them and disagree, they're probably a turnoff. If they're a judgmental jerk with their politics then I want nothing to do with them.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to support businesses that are Pro-2A, Pro -Sanity.

I still need to buy things from businesses that aren't. I work for a company that is 180 degrees from most of my beliefs...I still take the paycheck.

We're on a downhill slide, and I doubt we have the stamina to run back uphill. Gonna have to let it all fall apart, then see what we can do with what's left.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the other side of the big box store, I refuse to go to home depot unless I have to, because they now require I download an app to track my purchases and god knows what else on my phone just to get a military discount. Its simply a corporate policy that was put into place to pad their "losses" of offering a discount by collecting personal data and shopping metrics for the sake of selling said data to data brokers and researchers. Ironic, considering that Home Depots digital security has a horrible track record, with one of the largest payment system breeches in history under their belts.

Also, Canadian Home Depot stores have some questionable training materials:

What about Ace? Ace Hardware is considered pretty conservative from everything I have seen. Maybe even nonpolitical. But if you look deeper, when that david hogg kid called for advertiser boycotts of some fox news program, Ace pulled their advertising.

I just feel like if anyone digs deep enough, they can find something they dislike about something. Thats why the extreme liberals/democrats/woke dudes are tearing each other apart. Nobody is without blame when viewed from a hypercritical, nothing less than perfection standard.

What pisses me off about Home Depot is that they offer a military discount but not an LE/first responder discount.

Don't get me wrong...anybody that knows me is well aware of my feelings for our soldiers and sailors :patriot: but I just think the defenders here at home should be recognized as well.

Besides, I also go there because mi amigo, a fellow OSAer works there, so I try to help him out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom