Would you shop any business didn’t support your beliefs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

• Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently withdrew my money out of 2 banks that had no gun signs and told them why.I go to local shooting range 2 or 3 times a week and asked a very wealthy man i know to do the same and he said he would for the same reason i did.
There it is, standing up for what you believe in. Outstanding.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of variables, gun buster signs are usually ignored but companies like nike, yeti and the nba will never get my $$ if I can help it. Too bad too, used to really enjoy watching the Thunder.

What TF did yeti do? Sonsabitches

I really wish companies would stay the hell out of politics and other controversial areas. I don’t call them “boycotts” but there are several places I don’t go and products I don’t buy for one reason or another. It can be a personal beef with the owner, or something like Nike and Levi’s have done. The reasons vary why I don’t spend money one place or another, but that’s not necessarily a “boycott”.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the company wants to get "in your face" political about something, I will definitely take my $$$$ elsewhere.

Dickson
Targay
Budweiser
Cheaper Than Dirt
Yeti
Nike
Adidas
Discover
Pay-Pal

Like gold digger, choice limitations can cause problems.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About the only outfits that I absolutely refuse to support is Nike, Starbucks and Outback Steakhouse.

Nike is outrageously vocal about F-you America and both Starbys and Outback hate guns so freakin bad, they try to make cops leave their blasters in the car.

That's: :censored: up!

As for the different religion thing? Hey, we're all trying to get to the same place, we just all take a different route.

Made in China? Damn near everything is nowadays. I try to support America every chance I get, but as stated earlier, I sometimes just can't afford to.

And that brings us to all the leg lickers and chili packers. Ya know, I could really care less than a sheet. If you wanna snuggle up with an Oscar Mayer, or pet a kitty that looks just like yours. But hey, if that makes you happy, by all means.

Just don't holler about how we demand to stand up and recognize your behavior as being fine and dandy, because it's not. According to the scriptures, it's an ABOMINATION! In fact, here's a little sumthin' sumthin' that I've shared here more than once...

FB_IMG_1623787324417.jpg

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What TF did yeti do? Sonsabitches

I really wish companies would stay the hell out of politics and other controversial areas. I don’t call them “boycotts” but there are several places I don’t go and products I don’t buy for one reason or another. It can be a personal beef with the owner, or something like Nike and Levi’s have done. The reasons vary why I don’t spend money one place or another, but that’s not necessarily a “boycott”.
I was thinking back to when they had their dispute with the NRA and wouldn't give discounts any longer to members, came off as being anti gun. Looks like they might of kissed and made up a little so guess I can use my cooler again. LOL Sorry I didn't do any recent research on it but just being in "San Franciso" east doesn't help much.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we support censorship and restricting right of free speech if someone doesnt hold our values?
No, unless it is a business that I refuse to agree with. If someone doesn't take a stand their ideology spreads. We've seen it in politics, some guy high up states that the crusades were violent and harmful and then every liberal seemed to jump on the bandwagon and christianity took a hit. You know what I mean. I did not refer to this website, we can differ but in the end we are all Americans and stand for what is right and good.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like @golddigger14s said, options in a small town can be limiting, but I no longer support Tractor Supply. I had told myself that I wouldn’t support them after they came out in favor of all the trans stuff going on in our country. They had a Memorial Day sale, and I decided to ignore my personal ban of the company. I was going to buy a 3 point auger from them. I was in the store for about 15 minutes, and it became clear that I didn’t want to give them my money. I told the young man at the check out register what I wanted, and he started complaining to me how much his feet hurt. He acted like he was being worked to death for having to stand behind a cash register in an air conditioned building. After a little more whining, he called the manager because he couldn’t find the auger on the computer. The manager found it quickly, but he said that they couldn’t sell it because it wasn’t assembled. I said ok, and I’ll come back in about an hour to pick it up after it’s assembled. The manager said it wouldn’t be ready until two days later. The assembly literally consists of installing 4 bolts. The manager asked for my phone number so they could call me when it’s ready. I said that won’t be necessary, and I drove to Atwood’s. The difference in employee attitude is night and day between the two companies. The young man at Atwood’s went out of his way to get what I wanted. He actually went to the back of the store and carried the auger bit for me. I felt a little guilty for that, and I bragged on him for working his butt off. I told him about my experience at Tractor Supply a few minutes earlier, and he got the manager to match the price that Tractor Supply was advertising. I know that things could be different from store to store, but it seems to me that Atwood’s expects there employees to work where Tractor Supply could care less.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Problem with standing on beliefs is it would be crippling.... Cars, phones, appliances. air conditioners, tools, computers and clothes ......... Almost every item you buy is in some form brought to you by questionable means, Whether slave labor, strip mining unfair labor practices or by some idiot that thinks their beliefs trump yours.
No way to keep up with the crazy and function in society. You would have to live as a hermit with zero amenities' including doctors. I am pretty sure there are very few folks that would be able to do that. Most people today cannot change the oil in their car and have to be told coffee is hot...

Latest posts

Top Bottom