Would you shop any business didn’t support your beliefs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

• Would you boycott a business that didn’t support your beliefs

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like @golddigger14s said, options in a small town can be limiting, but I no longer support Tractor Supply. I had told myself that I wouldn’t support them after they came out in favor of all the trans stuff going on in our country. They had a Memorial Day sale, and I decided to ignore my personal ban of the company. I was going to buy a 3 point auger from them. I was in the store for about 15 minutes, and it became clear that I didn’t want to give them my money. I told the young man at the check out register what I wanted, and he started complaining to me how much his feet hurt. He acted like he was being worked to death for having to stand behind a cash register in an air conditioned building. After a little more whining, he called the manager because he couldn’t find the auger on the computer. The manager found it quickly, but he said that they couldn’t sell it because it wasn’t assembled. I said ok, and I’ll come back in about an hour to pick it up after it’s assembled. The manager said it wouldn’t be ready until two days later. The assembly literally consists of installing 4 bolts. The manager asked for my phone number so they could call me when it’s ready. I said that won’t be necessary, and I drove to Atwood’s. The difference in employee attitude is night and day between the two companies. The young man at Atwood’s went out of his way to get what I wanted. He actually went to the back of the store and carried the auger bit for me. I felt a little guilty for that, and I bragged on him for working his butt off. I told him about my experience at Tractor Supply a few minutes earlier, and he got the manager to match the price that Tractor Supply was advertising. I know that things could be different from store to store, but it seems to me that Atwood’s expects there employees to work where Tractor Supply could care less.

The difference in employee attitudes is true.

We were in TSC, 2 years ago, kid at checkout was under 25, 6'2" 250 and whining the entire time about how it was, how little they paid and the manager mistreated them. He was looking for another job.

I told him that we were hiring. He laughed, "I'm looking for more money, not work my ass off."

We had bought a 50# bag of dog food, a bag of chicken feed and 2 bags of horse feed, i am pulling an O2 bottle. He never asks if we need help. We are the only ones in the store. Wif asked him for help and he picks up intercom and calls the manager.

I had a long conversation with the manager as he loaded. The manager is a good guy. He does have an employee problem, though.

Atwood’s employees are 1000 times more helpful.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So being a gun page I wondering how many of you would patronize a business that had a no firearm sign on the door? How many of you would enter a business that had a sign that said we support those who kneel during the national anthem? Or are there any other beliefs that you have who would prohibit you from patronizing a business because it didn’t support your beliefs?
That's why I don't watch pro football. They have their political viewpoint and I have mine. When they make their politics part of the game, I express MY opinion by not supporting their sport.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably going to get flamed on here 🔥 but for the most part my personal beliefs and morals are not influenced by what others think or believe.

In my country of America an individual has the 'Right', guaranteed by the Constitution, to believe how they want to believe or worship how they want to worship without being persecuted or harassed about it.

As the saying goes: 'As an American I may not like what you say or do but I will defend to death your 'Right' to say or do those things (as long as they aren't illegal).

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not even the lefties are able to live in a such a way that they only support businesses that they are ideologically aligned with.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In that unique situation, I believe you had no other choice. That is an exception for you, not the rule. I would have hated to do it but would have done the same.
I agree, but there are others on here that would call you a 'traitor' to the cause (not to you face, of course). For some there is no 'exception' nor exemption no matter what the reason. Those are the hard-core people that I am truly afraid of.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, but there are others on here that would call you a 'traitor' to the cause (not to you face, of course). For some there is no 'exception' nor exemption no matter what the reason. Those are the hard-core people that I am truly afraid of.
Yep and some people are just too angry and need to refocus that anger.

A personal example is I will do anything I can and even pay more for items made in America and not China. Yet, I know that ChiCom stuff is sometimes the only option and so I buy it. Why punish myself or family when I have no other options in the market?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the business and what beliefs they are violating. Need to have some context.
This is the correct answer.
Will I buy groceries from a store with a gunbuster sign? Yeah, if I'm in BFE New Mexico and that's the store in town I will.

Will I buy a book from Magic City Books? Nope, not a chance.

I've stopped buying from a few places because of either personal experiences or because of their stance on an issue. I doubt it'll change a thing, except I know they won't be buying advertising with my money. I usually try to buy local, and I will go out of my way to trade with companies that aren't afraid to offend folks.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably going to get flamed on here 🔥 but for the most part my personal beliefs and morals are not influenced by what others think or believe.

In my country of America an individual has the 'Right', guaranteed by the Constitution, to believe how they want to believe or worship how they want to worship without being persecuted or harassed about it.

As the saying goes: 'As an American I may not like what you say or do but I will defend to death your 'Right' to say or do those things (as long as they aren't illegal).

Yes, I totally support their RIGHT, but that doesn't mean I will monetarily support the business.

Want to have a peaceful parade, I support your right to parade. I will not attend the parade. 2 totally seperate issues.

I had a business. Had political candidates wanting to put up posters in my windows.

All were told, "NO".

Whether I supported the candidate or not it wasn't a matter of business and I wouldn't alienate half of paying customers, many of whom would no longer be customers. I did not speak politics or religion with customers.

When a business decides to take a political or religious stance, they deserve the repercussions they receive.

Other side of the coin, Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A, took a stance and have received the same treatment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom