Wow, have you seen the Price of corn!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought there was a consensus among climatologists? Huh.

Well regardless of anything I am going to burn 100 gal of diesel per day until the ground is tilled because hungry people are far more dangerous than whatever in the hell my carbon footprint is.

maybe. is al gore a climatologist?

www.skepticalscience.com_images_SLR_models_obs.gif

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crazy world, lets use FOOD to make a gas addative.. CRAZY WORLD!!!!

I think you meant.... contaminant. Attracts water, corrosive to engine parts, has less energy than gasoline.... Hey, let's add it to our fuel!

The good news is that without the subsidies 100% gas is about at MPG parity with polluted gas (i.e. it costs a little more, but your better mileage offsets that giving you about the same cost per mile, without all the corrosive effects.)

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me, I know how it sounds. All the formulas in the world don't change the FACT that my van got better MPGs with E10 than it did with straight gas.

That sort of flies in the face of the energy density of ethanol vs. gas. I would guess your van wasn't running very efficiently with pure gas and blowing a lot of unutilized fuel out the tailpipe. I know I get the opposite mileage result, even in my van which is E85 capable.

If you could expect your mileage to be better with E10, think of how great it would be with straight ethanol (E100)!

C

Clay

CNG is the next big thing in this country, no more ethanol or unleaded. CNG will have us back to less than $2.00 a gal. and we will even be able to export out oil by then. 10 years or less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom