Written on a cop's cup at Starbucks......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a lawman, I've been called a vast array of obscenities over the years and I've never been "offended" by it. It's just part of the job and lifestyle. People have a problem with cops. They always have, always will. She shouldn't have done what she did but he shouldn't have made such a big deal about it either. I guess I'm just old school and crap like this doesn't bother me.

Yeah, but when they write it on your coffee, did they hold the spit? :anyone:

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a side note about this topic,
A good note,
Yesterday I stopped in a Casey's store in Kansas to get a Dr. Pepper & there was a couple of city cops that came in right behind me.
I got my drink & went to the line at the register ( there were maybe 6 people in line) & the 2 cops came & stood behind me.
When the lady working the register noticed that the 2 officers had coffee she said "If all you are getting is coffee, you can go ahead & go, I'll take care of it" & they thanked her & went.
She said something to one of those in line that she like that the police come in every now & again & she feels safer when they are around.

I thought all that was pretty cool.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we still have a few people out there that appreciate us and "back the blue."

I'm guessing she was over 30 and didn't have green hair or a ring in her nostrils, right?

You are correct.
I'd say she was in her late 40s or early 50s.
I didn't think about it at the time,
But I could have offered to buy one of those cups myself.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a side note about this topic,
A good note,
Yesterday I stopped in a Casey's store in Kansas to get a Dr. Pepper & there was a couple of city cops that came in right behind me.
I got my drink & went to the line at the register ( there were maybe 6 people in line) & the 2 cops came & stood behind me.
When the lady working the register noticed that the 2 officers had coffee she said "If all you are getting is coffee, you can go ahead & go, I'll take care of it" & they thanked her & went.
She said something to one of those in line that she like that the police come in every now & again & she feels safer when they are around.

I thought all that was pretty cool.

Back in the '70's, I worked as a manager at a Braum's store. We had a fire department that would occasionally call in and order some sundae's or banana splits, with there being as many as 10 or 12 of them being made up. They would then come by and get them. One night, we had such an order and no one showed up, so I called the fire station to see if they wanted them. They told me that they hadn't even ordered them.

Faced with the prospect of just throwing them all away, I called the police station and told them of my dilemma. The dispatcher said he would send someone by and that I was to tell those picking up the ice cream that one of them was for the dispatcher. The two officers arrived and were surprised to see what was begin given to them.

After that, there seemed to be a regular occurrence of police cars just cruising through the parking lot, especially so at nights when we were closed and cleaning up.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
It used to be pretty common for cafes and convenience stores to have a free coffee for cops policy.
I guess the times have changed.
That's what I was thinking. I thought QT gave Leo's free drinks. Just because they like them in their stores. I also thought at minimum most places gave them 50% off food and drinks. Donuts are a different story.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's actually about relationships. We have one Starbucks in Stillwater. I have been in it every day it has been open, about ten years. I go in once a day, twice on a good day and three times on a bad day! They give LEO's in uniform free coffee but we have to pay for the foo-foo drinks. My business card is hanging in the back with my cell phone number on it. I regularly get a call from the kids that work there- baby-daddy drama, their car is broken into, their credit card number was stolen, they've had too much to drink and can't get an UBER, etc. Stuff I would do for anyone anyway, but I know all of them by name and they know mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom