Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you talking about Robert E. Lee? If so, your short vacation will get a lot longer. He was a valiant man who fought for his home and his beliefs. He also did a great deal to bring about reconciliation between the North and South after the war. He also did not own slaves.

I'd like to think personal philosophy would have been fighting against slavery back then, but many courageous men fought on both sides of that terrible, bloody war. Their side was mostly an accident of birth. Don't dishonor them.

WE agree. Lee freed the slaves he inherited as the system was evil and he and many southerners knew it. MOst people also forget lee wanted to use black troops and free slaves to "defend Dixie".

General Nathan Bedford Forrest ( a slave trader) actually told his slaves that if the Yankees won they would be free and if the south won he would free his. He did say though let his slaves know about defending their home and many fought with confederates while Yankees segregated black troops.

Those men knew then how the Yankees would turn black and white folks of the south against each other.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm trying REALLY hard not to completely go off on you, but you are pushing it. You are making disparaging remarks with thinly disguised racist digs. We get how you feel. It disgusts most of us. Either lighten up or find a new place to spew this crap.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Wow" is about all I have to say after reading some of this tripe.

Seriously, some of ya'll are just ignorant as ****.

Two kinds of people in this world, those that get it, and those that don't. You don't need to explain anything to those that get it, and its a waste of breath talking to those that don't, because they are too stupid to understand. So, I won't waste your time trying to change anyone's mind, but damn..........

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm trying REALLY hard not to completely go off on you, but you are pushing it. You are making disparaging remarks with thinly disguised racist digs. We get how you feel. It disgusts most of us. Either lighten up or find a new place to spew this crap.

Your forum your rules. I am done on this post. WHen we lose our gun rights don't forget that you heard of how liberalism and diversity beginning with the civil rights movement were at the root.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a great many people here, myself included, that believe political correctness is one of the greatest threats to American culture that exists. It stifles true debate, and forces people not to confront difficult subjects because of the tendency to view any other than PC as racist. However, your comments are right on the line of being offensive.

If you really believe the Liberals are manipulating Black votes, and you actually care about Black and other minority Americans, you should have a less insulting tone towards them, because you really are coming off as someone who seems to feel Whites are utterly superior.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are a great many people here, myself included, that believe political correctness is one of the greatest threats to American culture that exists. It stifles true debate, and forces people not to confront difficult subjects because of the tendency to view any other than PC as racist. However, your comments are right on the line of being offensive.

If you really believe the Liberals are manipulating Black votes, and you actually care about Black and other minority Americans, you should have a less insulting tone towards them, because you really are coming off as someone who seems to feel Whites are utterly superior.

I really don't want to come off racist. I just get so pissed how people let liberals use them. Hell I love people like Herman Cain and Allen west and cant stand harry reid. I do realize sometimes it comes out racist and I don't mean it to. Being raised by a segregationist probably did not help, but I am willing to WORK WITH ANYONE who wants this to be a better country. Even the gays.

I once said I would be the stripper at a gay bachelor party before I would support amnesty.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just work on your delivery. Even if I don't agree with you, I'm not really into banning people because they have different people. However, you should be mindful that we have Black, Latino, Asian and even gay and liberal members. You can express your differing political beliefs without insulting them.

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it has to be the fact that I am 30 something and grew up and went to college with people who were gay. Meh. Does it really matter?

If you really think about it, it's all your fault for having gay babies. Not like they can reproduce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom