Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure if you were a 2nd class citizen you'd be out there fighting for equal rights. Instead you prefer discriminating against others based on sexual orientation.

So, gays are 2nd class citizens? How about being American? I am sick of hyphenated Americans.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You sure you wouldn't feel more at home on a white separatist site?

I am not a white separatist. I do support their right to feel that way as much as I support black separatist rights to their opinions.

I am simply pointing out the obvious. You are a smart guy JB. I know you probably don't want to admit it but its hard to deny our country has gotten less safe, with looser morals and overall societal decay the more diverse and less judeo Christian it gets.

Personally I would hang out with a black conservative like Allen west any day and vote for him before a disgrace to his race like Harry Reid.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I taught my kids that guns are tools, useful tools, inanimate objects, with no mind of their own. I taught them to shoot as soon as they were able to safely hold a gun. I wanted my kids to know the truth about guns and share my values.

We killed many squirrels, cleaned them right then and had fried squirrel for dinner. I wanted my kids to know the truth about where food comes from and share my values.

When our government passes laws that contradict what I want my family to value, whether it's guns, hunting, homosexuality or drugs - I don't like it.

I do not believe government should be in the marriage business, period.

What I believe inspires so many like the OP, is the government legitimizing ideas that I don't share, and giving equal value to things that I believe are immoral. Nothing to do about hate or "homophobia" (a misnomer, for sure) - simply a clash of moral ideas, with one side being supported by the government.

So the laws of our government should be dictated by one set of morals, specifically your morals? Our country was founded on the morality of freedom: freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to pursue life and liberty, freedom to bear arms ect. You are free to believe whatever you wish, and teach your children however you see is right, but so is everyone else. What we are talking about is the ability of a segment of the United States citizen body to form families under the law and enjoy the same liberties you do with your family.

Less than 50 years ago it was illegal for blacks and whites to marry and start families. Many people (especially in the south) cited moral or religious reasons for why it was wrong for them to do so. This is about affording a group of US citizens the right to a life and family equal to their fellow citizens, under the law of this country.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a white separatist. I do support their right to feel that way as much as I support black separatist rights to their opinions.

I am simply pointing out the obvious. You are a smart guy JB. I know you probably don't want to admit it but its hard to deny our country has gotten less safe, with looser morals and overall societal decay the more diverse and less judeo Christian it gets.

Personally I would hang out with a black conservative like Allen west any day and vote for him before a disgrace to his race like Harry Reid.
morals have changed.

At one time it was acceptable to own slaves and deny women the right to vote.

You might as well say the country has gone to to hell ever since we gave women the vote.

You were born in the wrong century is all.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
morals have changed.

At one time it was acceptable to own slaves and deny women the right to vote.

You might as well say the country has gone to to hell ever since we gave women the vote.

You were born in the wrong century is all.
Personally I blame that hippie Gutenberg

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, gays are 2nd class citizens? How about being American? I am sick of hyphenated Americans.

I would agree to an extent. However, when one segment of the population may attempt to vilify, denounce, or discriminate against another segment, who's really drawing the dividing lines? Could it be both sides?

What are the marks of a sick culture? It is a bad sign when the people of a country stop identifying themselves with the county and start identifying with a group. A racial group. Or a religion. Or a language. Anything, as long as it isn't the whole population. - Robert A Heinlein

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I fail to see how this country has gotten less safe, crime rates have been decreasing across the board for many years. just google "US crime rates" and you'll see for yourself.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just hear about more now. Instant news cycle, etc.

When you talk about the "browning of our country" and call illegal aliens "vermin," that's pretty racist.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The amount of logical leaps/failure is astounding for one post.

So you'd rather have safety at the cost of other's liberties? Interesting for someone to wants to rely on Original Intent so much.

You're somehow wanting to connect point A to point E but failing. There have always been 'bad neighborhoods,' you're just more aware of them now because they aren't hidden from sight like they were in the past. Sure, maybe someone living in those areas is more likely to hurt someone when they don't fear the lynch mob, but i'm guessing there is more to the problems caused by urbanization than just race.

I'm know nothing i say will change how backwards your views are, so i'm not sure it's worth trying. If you'd have picked your 'own damn cotton' all those years ago, the south you proclaim to love would look nothing like it does today and would have been a vastly different place. The slave economy that propped the south up for so many years wouldn't have existed and who is to say things would be any better.

there have been many times on this board where i've felt people are mistaken but i've always respected that they were entitled to their own opinion. After your reading your post i can honestly say i've never felt more pity for another person on this board for their views. I truly feel sorry for you. I live in the deep south and there are many great things about it, but the views you expressed here are not part of it. Your statements show how you'll pick a single issue (race) and use it to justify all of society's problems, using broad, overgeneralized and faulty logic.

It's nice to know that you don't want any gay white christians to be proud of being southern, though. I've always thought that some people really truly think it's about heritage and not hate, but it's becoming more and more obvious that there are some who can't separate one from the other.

And please don't feel like this is in any way a personal attack. It's not. Though I'm sure it will only add to your sense of persecution, please believe me when i say that i have so little respect for the things you've said here that i don't feel the need to attack you. You've done more harm to your position then i ever could.

I appreciate your opinion. People don't have to agree with me. Like I said I am not saying segregation is right just the country was better off for both races when we had it. That does not mean that I want to go back to it or anything like that.

For what its worth I did not get many of these opinions as evident until 2010 after all of Obama's stuff and blacks and liberal whites put him in. Obama is to the kkk what Christ is to the church. The reason people ( no I would not as I am mixed) join. My wife of 10 years said she never heard a racial slur out of my mouth until the healthcare bill passed.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion. People don't have to agree with me. Like I said I am not saying segregation is right just the country was better off for both races when we had it. That does not mean that I want to go back to it or anything like that.

For what its worth I did not get many of these opinions as evident until 2010 after all of Obama's stuff and blacks and liberal whites put him in. Obama is to the kkk what Christ is to the church. The reason people ( no I would not as I am mixed) join. My wife of 10 years said she never heard a racial slur out of my mouth until the healthcare bill passed.
Holy crap, rebel-son is mad dog patriot

Latest posts

Top Bottom