You can teach an old dog new tricks , well maybe not tricks,but!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usmc-1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While at Excalibers yesterday on Grand Lake (Afton) , I was checking out the lil guns like the LCP ,etc , there was a beretta Tomcat sitting under the glass , it was a.32 acp , this is one nice lil gun , I gotta say , Im not fond of the round , if it were in .380 I might budge , Hell I might budge for the .32 , that lil gun feels great in the hand , way better than the plastic lcp or keltec , its a bit heavy for a small gun , but the weight feels better in the hand and I suppose the recoil is taken away by the metal , whereas in the plastic guns that recoil is taken away by your hands!!

Ive never really noticed these lil guns before as Ive always been a .40 and above kind of guy! But lately Ive been considering something small and light weight !

Anyway heres why I titled this teaching an old dog new tricks!! Mike showed me that when you pop the barrel up , you actually place a round in it from there , then add the magazine ,Im still befuddled about that and the slide on that critter , maybe some one else can explain how the slide works ? Its pretty neat to say the least! I figure at the very least ,its an easy way to pop another round off if your mag malfunctions! Ok I know I sound like a moron , Ive never seen this and its been around a million years but I have to say I love it and I also think I will be buying it , not just for its concealment factors , but because of the "neatness" of it!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my wife carries one, bought it because she doesn't have the hand strength to rack the slide.btw you can still rack the slide to load it if you want. beretta also makes a 380 with the tip up barrel ,but it is a much larger gun

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they first came out I was working at OAS (college days). My dad got on the wait list and eventually got it after a wait. The pistol was a nice piece with the tip up brl, but ultimately it was a .32acp. A poster above mentioned that it is great for those with weak hands or bad wrists. If you like it, get it. Better to get and find out if you like it than to never know.

Usmc-1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I plan on getting one , I like the fact you have that option to lift the barrel insert and your ready to rock , I dont like the position of the mag release (whoever came up with that was smoking weed heavily that day) , other than the fact its a .32 ,I dont care because with some of the defensive rounds available today I might even be able to reach a 380's speed!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always heard that the Tip-up barrel is for stuck empty shell-casing removal as the TomCat doesn't have an extractor and is a gas-blowback only design (I may be thinking of the BobCat though).

I personally wouldn't carry a .32 acp for self-defense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom