My Son's First Deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday afternoon at about 4 PM my son bagged his first deer. He was sitting in a tree with my dad and the deer stepped out of the woods and started to walking across a 50 yard clearing. My dad made the Baah sound and the deer stopped to look and he popped him at 60 yards. The deer jumped and ran into the woods about 10 yards. He is shooting his new Savage Axis 25-06 that his grandpa got him a couple of weeks ago. I was sitting in my stand about 500 yards away and heard the shot and new it was his gun. I dont know if its the caliber or the gun or a combination of both but I knew it was his from when we sighted it in a couple weeks ago. It was a complete pass through at 60 yards with remington 100 grain core lokt bullets. I dont know who was more excited him, me or his Papa.

i428.photobucket.com_albums_qq2_cvrx4_IMG00234_20111119_1706.jpg

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to all three of you. I still remember when my boys got their first deer and both of them were with their Papa as well. Something none of you will ever forget..

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I didnt see crap the first two days but after the nice 8 I got during muzzleloader and the one he got Saturday, this has to be the most successful deer season for me ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom